Fritz

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have some 35cc syringes on their way. :p I just like the 60cc ones because it never gets clogged. It definitely wouldn't work for an unwilling participant because the tip wouldn't really fit in their mouth completely, but for a willing participant, it works like a gem!

Look at him eat!! I can't imagine what it must be like to be living in such horrible conditions and then be able to eat as much as you want and be clean and safe.

Thank goodness that boy still has such a sparkle to him. :clap1:

I 2nd that Crysta! I tried the 60cc on Chewy and he just about freaked! we are switching to the 10 cc tonight!

so happy Fritz is doing well. cant wait to watch his progress.

Susan, he was 477 this morning. This is what his weights have been.

6/9/10- 441
6/11/10- 448
6/12/10- 476 (full belly)
6/14/10- 468
6/16/10- 477

36 grams gained in 7 days.

YAY Fritz! He is going to be a chunker in no time. Loved his videos. Chin tounges are my favorite.

Is there a post about the conditions Fritz came from? I looked but I didn;t see anything about when Fritz was first "discovered" so to speak.

Glad Fritz is porking out! Too bad he can't eat chicken and dumplings! I know that's what has porked me out!

Fritz is now 488! He's still not eating really well on his own but that's because I believe he is loving his hand feedings too much. I started mixing half pellets, half CC so hopefully that will get him more used to his pellets again. Don't get me wrong, he is eating pellets, just not many. Meanie also mailed me a pellet to try, and he is munching on those some also. Now to get him to actually chew some wood and eat some hay!

His wound is almost completely closed and still no sign of infection. w00t! He seems to definitely feel better as he loves to run around the cage away from me, and his daily meds. The little guy has some energy!

He also doesn't have cage rage near as bad as before. He hasn't shaken the entire cage with his hands/teeth in a few days, and he isn't kicking things out of his way as much anymore.

He really must be doing better. He never shook his cage the few days he was with us. Have you been able to put his ledges back in? He might try chewing on those.

Nope, not yet. I was thinking about putting some in their during his cage cleaning this evening. I had left everything out that I couldn't clean, but now that his wound is almost healed I feel comfortable putting them back in.

I am SO glad to hear that Fritz is doing well. Getting nice and plump, I bet he'll be fat in no time. I am also very happy that his wound is closing up nicely. Please keep us posted, Crysta!

How is our little Fritz doing?

Thinking about him today. Now that my weekends have calmed down a little it is time to break down the folding table we use when we are quarantining chins.

Latest posts

Back