Felix & Kuma..

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stackie

I bite.
I am in complete and utter shock...

I woke up at 3:30 this morning with a sickening feeling in my stomach and a very bad vibe. I had no idea what it was, but it was enough to get me out of bed. I went down to sit with the chins and I found Felix lying on a shelf motionless, his fur a mess, and Kuma down at the bottom of his cage with a bloody face & a huge gash on his backside. Felix was barely breathing, Kuma wouldn't move. I grabbed them and made the 1.5 hour drive to the emergency vet with both of them lying on my lap.

Felix passed on the way. Kuma passed while in the exam room. Apparently they got into a massive fight sometime during the night and both had gone into shock. They were doing so well together. I don't know what is setting my chins off like that but now I'm debating separating all of them...I am seriously just devastated right now.. I feel so numb. I have lost 4 too many of my babies within such a short time..

Rest in peace my little Felix & Kuma. I loved you guys more than you could ever know...I hope you rest easy in your spot under the apple tree with Mako & Neeko...
2cc31bc1.jpg

aa4479e7.jpg

Sorry for your loss! There's no way to predict these things - I tried a baby monitor, and got no sleep from going "what was that" all night!

Oh my God Stacie NO! Words cannot express how very sorry I am for your loss. May they both rest in peace up there in chinnie heaven. And as always, I'm there for ya girl. /hug

oh no. Just the title of this thread made my stomach drop. I am so, so sorry, Stacie.

rest in peace sweet babies.

Oh no! Stacie! I'm so sorry! I'll echo Therese's words. Words simply cannot express how sorry I feel for you right now. If you need a shoulder to cry on, please let us know. We are here.

I am so sorry Stacie, what a horrible time you have had. Those chins were loved by us all, and will never be forgotten. They were spoiled rotten.

Well, like a good chin mommy, you knew something was wrong...I am so sorry you found your babies in such a state. I can really feel your pain right now and my heart aches for you. Under the apple tree with your other babies sounds like the perfect place for them to rest. You are a great chin momma, and your chins knew they were loved.

Stacie I am so very sorry. I wish I has words that could comfort you. Those babies of yours are so loved.

I'm so sorry you've lost so many of your little buddies.
Everyone knows how much you love and spoil your guys.

Stace, I can only reiterate what's already been said. I'm so sorry, hun. I'm sure Neeko's showing them the ropes, too. You're an awesome chin-mom, Stacie. I'm sure the boys know you loved them deeply. Hugs coming your way <3333

I am so sorry, tears are rolling down my face as I read this post, I can't even imagine what you are going through right now. I know all of your playchins were so loved, may they rest in peace :(.

Im sooo sorry. It must be so hard to lose a chinchilla like that.

Oh my goodness Stacie... I am SO sorry for what you are going through. It it is incredibly hard to loose one chin, let alone four. Just know that God is always with you. I will keep you in prayers. :angel2:

Just a quote for guidance: "I will never leave thee nor forsake thee" Hebrews 13:5

oh no...as trite as it sounds sometimes...my condolences...i can't imagine the pain u must be going through with losing your two...such things are so unpredictable, which only makes it worse....

Back