Fads

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suzi1780

Okay admit it you have crocs! Or are their Beanie Babies lurking in your attic along with a Furby?

I admit I was into Troll Dolls in fact, I had the one on the left!

So admit it! What were you into? :D

Nope, no crocs here. I've always thought they were some of the ugliest shoes. And they're on the verge of going out of business..

I did have beanie babies. I was around 8 at the time they were popular!

I also loved gigapets and digimon or whatever they were called.

And yeah, I had trolls too!

Nope, no crocs here. I've always thought they were some of the ugliest shoes. And they're on the verge of going out of business..

I did have beanie babies. I was around 8 at the time they were popular!

I also loved gigapets and digimon or whatever they were called.

And yeah, I had trolls too!

gigapets, was that the thing on a keychain that you had to keep alive by pressing button to feed it etc? If so I had one, but I only took care of it for like 2 days, so I guess it died :rofl: I am a bad digital mom!

Yepp, I have crocs, they may be the ugliest shoes, but certainly the most comfortable ones. They may be going out of business because their product is really good... I have had them for 2 years now and they are still going strong. So you don't buy as many because they last.
But no trolls or beanies for me, but i do have kermits and miss piggy dressed in xmas clothing...

I still wear Crocs to work even though I think they're the ugliest darn things... they're just way more comfortable than any other shoes I've tried to wear for 6-12 hrs./day. I do not, however, have Zibbits, though if I could find Mr. Yuk ones, I might wear them.

I have Beanie Babies. I had a Troll doll. I also had jellies, slap bracelets, oversized hyper color and Neon t-shirts and the little buckles you used to hitch them up on one hip so your three layers of footless tights could show between your scrunch socks and high tops. I did not, however, have the "Blossom" hat that I wanted. :(

I still wear Crocs to work even though I think they're the ugliest darn things... they're just way more comfortable than any other shoes I've tried to wear for 6-12 hrs./day. I do not, however, have Zibbits, though if I could find Mr. Yuk ones, I might wear them.

I have Beanie Babies. I had a Troll doll. I also had jellies, slap bracelets, oversized hyper color and Neon t-shirts and the little buckles you used to hitch them up on one hip so your three layers of footless tights could show between your scrunch socks and high tops. I did not, however, have the "Blossom" hat that I wanted. :(

I had a hyper color shirt! That thing lasted like 2 washes before it wasn't hyper color anymore.

Oh and I had pumps, remember those shoes you "pumped" up! And of course, I had some LA Gear shoes with like 3 different laces that were so annoying to tie!

Hahaha! I remember seeing those shoes that you pumped up!

Do you all remember those shoe laces that were all curly so you didn't have to tie them?

I remember those shoe laces, though, I never had any ;) . I remember the kids who couldn't tie their shoes just yet wore them a lot. I thought they were the ugliest. I still have a huge box of beanie babies that I can't get rid of :hair:. And I did have one of those gigapets. I made my mom take care of it when I left... I was an odd kid. And furbies... weirdest things ever, and freaky. We had one that wouldn't shut up even when the batteries were taken out. That one was thrown in the trash :)

My stepdad wears crocs all the time. Can't get him to wear anything else, and you can hear him coming about a mile away :hilarious:

Haha, me too! I had a few beanie babies, but by the time they were really a fad, I was too old for them. I had a whole bunch of trolls though! And oh those horrible eighty's fashions!

I've never had a pair of crocs, I think they're kinda ugly and don't look very comfortable.

Alli - I definitely remember those shoe laces...I had some of them too!

I also had one of those gigapet things in middle school.

Yes, I admit it! I have crocs! :neener: But, I only have the cute ones ;)

I have these in a few different colors, and they are so comfortable, can't live without 'em
cleo_10043_angle_240.jpg

I have these in black and its the best when I have to walk the dog on cool days...my little girls have the pink & blue ones..
kidsMammoth_10048_pair_952.jpg

I really didn't collect anything except when I got my first apartment, then I started decorating it with "angels" everything, pictures, figurines, etc. My girls on the other hand, yeesh, webkins, american girl dolls, ty girlz...

I have crocs! Camouflage ones at that! I've also done elephant pants, gauchos, saddle shoes--yes they came back in! I wore shoulder pads in my dresses although I certainly did not need too! I had a long braid with jewels and charms hanging off if it. I also used to wear a sweater tied around my shoulders--how dorky was that fad! The sweater didnt even keep you warm.
I guess I am the fad queen LOL!

My love for pokemon has never died... I still have the cards and all the games (most of which do not work anymore!). Pokemon seems to be making a comeback now so I'm not as ashamed to admit I like it.
I also have a whole bin of beanie babies I don't have the heart to get rid of, and some giga pets that have had dead batteries for years. I made my dad take them to work to keep them alive, since they were banned from school.

Rebecca shame on you! Fads are something that die out, are you a total HP fan trying to tell me you think his fame will die out and therefore make him a fad? The horror! I'm actually appalled!

Of course Harry Potter will die out. That isn't to say it will completely disappear, but it will fall out of super popularity. The first through third books were written for children, and are well-constructed children's books. By the time book four came around, Jo realized that adults read the books as well, and she attempted to make it more mature. The forced maturity progressed from book to book, ending with serious swearing, the kind that would most likely earn me an infraction on this board, in Deathly Hallows. I grew up with Harry, hitting the releases at almost the perfect age each time, but who will read them now? A seven-year-old I babysit has read and enjoyed the first two, but would you let a her read the fifth, sixth or seventh?

I totally have a pair of Crocs. They're orange Mary Jane style. As ugly as they are, they are my savior at work! Anyone who is on their feet a lot will agree!

I totally have a pair of Crocs. They're orange Mary Jane style. As ugly as they are, they are my savior at work! Anyone who is on their feet a lot will agree!

You so better be joking! ORANGE MARY JANE! We are no longer friends anymore!

I have a pair of Crocs, but only because they are required for my job. I have tons My Little Pony's. I still collect them. I'll admit I have a few Beanie Babies, but only the really cute ones!

What about stirrup pants??? I used to wear them all the time. Can we say EW?

Oh and I have about 200 beanie babies in the garage.

Used to have TON Of trolls, but don't know where they went.

I had a TON of giga pets too. Random off brand giga pets. Rugrats giga pets. 101 dalmation giga pets. Even giga pets you could link together with other giga pets and battle each other. Ah, those were the days...

Haha! I think I had a pair of stirrup pants.

What about scrunchies? I see people still using them every now and again and I laugh to myself.

Latest posts

Back