Emergency

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the update, Peggy. What a terrible situation for Stacie and I can imagine how upset she must be.

Stacie, you are doing everything you can for Mako and I pray he has the strength to do his part to get better. I am so sorry this happened. I am sending my deepest wishes for a speedy recovery!

Sending healing vibes your way!
I am so sorry you're going through this, and I hope Mako pulls through!
:tissue:

We're back from the vet.

He has a laceration on his neck, multiple bite wounds to his back and face, and a very bad bite right above his nose that got into his sinuses. Hence the blood coming out of his nose.

Right now I'm still trying to warm him up. He is still shocky. Limp. Cold. I have him wrapped up in warm towels and have a heating pad ready.

The dr. gave me baytril, I thought he was going to give my GI meds but there weren't any in the bag. I'm calling my regular vet in the morning to see what else we can do. I'm trying to decide how I'm going to feed him. He's breathing through his mouth, and I'm afraid by syringing him CC, that I will obstruct his breathing. Advice??

Ugh, I'm so sorry to read about everything that's happened to him. I'm sorry that I'm not much help.
I really hope he pulls through for you

I hope he continues to heal and you find the answers you need to feed him and take care of him. My thoughts are with you.

Oh, no, Stacie!!! I just saw this. I'm praying for you and little Mako. He knows that you love him and that you're fighting for him. Be strong...

Stacie, I am so sorry about poor Mako. I have gotten my 2 girls to lick medication/CC off their lips. Just put a small drop and maybe he will take it. It's one way so that he doesn't choke. Also you can try just small drops in his mouth, very small so he can get it down on his own time between breathing. Poor Mako. We'll cross toes and fingers over here. Good luck with him.

Just curious Stacie, how is Smudge?? Did he get any injuries as a result of their squabble?? I'm sure he feels bad about hurting his brother :(

I checked Smudge over before we left for the vet. He has blood on his fur, but it's all from Mako. He didn't have any injuries or anything.

Mako is still very weak. I have been nebulizing him trying to get the dried blood in his nose to break up. He's still breathing through his mouth but I think he's starting to get warmed up.

We will be making a trip to my regular vet tomorrow morning. Get him some pain meds, and do a more thorough check, make sure he is coming through from his shock..

I'm going to close this thread. If anyone wants to express their sorrow at Mako's passing, please use the other thread where it has already begun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back