Edstrom water bottles

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

6Dusters

Thought I would share my info on finding edstrom bottles a bit cheaper. I know alot of you use Edstrom bottles. For the new owners of chins these bottles are nice because they don't leak. At the present time this company doesn't sell the 16oz bottle. Just the 8oz. The price per unit was $9.70.

Here is the link. Just look for water supplies. http://www.klubertanz.com/Catalog.htm

I'm hesitant to switch to the Edstrom bottle (heard fave reviews from many) because my chin is a crazy chewer of all things and will chew something if she can reach it. Is there a way to buy a metal guard to protect the bottle?

Edstrom also announced earlier this year that they will be stopping production of the bottle due to the cost of production and the troubled economy. A lot of sellers have however had a chance to buy some product before production stopped, so there should be enough supplier to last another year or so.

It's really a shame because they are really good bottles. We use nothing but Edstrom here.

I'm hesitant to switch to the Edstrom bottle (heard fave reviews from many) because my chin is a crazy chewer of all things and will chew something if she can reach it. Is there a way to buy a metal guard to protect the bottle?

Chinworld and chinchillas.ca sell metal guard for the bottles.

Oh man!! I need a couple more bottles too! Crud, I have to get on that - I absolutely adore these bottles!

I tried an Edstrom bottle and no matter what my chin wouldn't take to it. I tried the raisin trick and nothing. :( I had to go back to the regular bottle, which he drinks out of just fine.

I had the same issue as essentia. I wish they would have used them because they were a lot nicer than the ones they do drink out of...*sigh* o well what are ya gonna do.

I was thinking about trying for a round two (really like round 4). Anyone have any other tricks besides the raisin???

Last edited:
are they going to stop making that type of water bottle all together or just the 16oz? Because seriously, I'm sure alot less people would be upset if they stopped making the Lixit bottles which..well...they all leak like crazy...

are they going to stop making that type of water bottle all together or just the 16oz? Because seriously, I'm sure alot less people would be upset if they stopped making the Lixit bottles which..well...they all leak like crazy...

They are stopping the entire line from what I understood. I guess Edstrom's primary business is in large scale watering systems. The source who told me this said that their rep told them that the bottle are a tough sell for people who don't understand how good these bottles are. They just don't want to pay more for a bottle if they don't have to.

They can't discontinue those bottles! I have to have them! :(

I just bought 8 from Flower Town Chinchillas and some guards as well. Good purchase for those of us in Canada, they're an official distributor in Canada, which means no exchange/duty fees. They also recently got their last order, which they told me would last them about a year. They also carry metal guards for them as well.

I agree, they are the best bottles. It's too bad they won't be selling them any more. I might get a few extra to keep on hand for when I get more chins.

Jean

show cage/carrier waterers

I have show cage/carrier waterers available.They are similar to the old style edstrom show cage waterer.They are $7.00 plus shipping.

I have show cage/carrier waterers available.They are similar to the old style edstrom show cage waterer.They are $7.00 plus shipping.

Can you send me a picture of one to my email so I can see what it looks like, and do they leak?

Jean
Thanks.

I just put in an order with them for the shields - and before I did so, I emailed them asking if there was a cheaper shipping alternative (cause the site said it would cost $12 to ship 3 shields [$19]) and they did email me back... so it is possible to get ahold of them...

Back