Edstrom water bottles

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are the valves the same for the watering system as they are for the bottles, and are those being discontinued? I just got a large bottle a year ago and found a way to keep them from chewing it, but I'm worried about the valve pooping out on me and having to go back to the darn Lixit bottle full time (or paying through the teeth for another *good* Lixit parrot bottle and praying I don't drop that one).

thanks - did you get a better deal on shipping?

Yeah, they told me to select the customer pickup shipping, and I think what they said was that the cost of shipping the three shields will be covered by their cost (shipping USPS instead of whatever the other options were). If I misunderstood them, I imagine they'll contact me and tell me I didn't pay enough, but so far, no contact... and when I originally emailed them they got back to me ASAP so I think we're good :thumbsup:

On previous orders from them I've asked if there are cheaper shipping options, and they've always found me a way to save a few bucks on shipping :)

It's too bad they're going to stop making the Edstrom bottles. I just found out about them and ordered my first. I've had trouble with leaky bottles forever. Even the Lixit bottles recommended to me leaked. I'd rather pay a bit more for a good bottle than have to buy a cheaper one over and over. I guess I should stock up before they're no longer available!

Just wanted to add that I had posted above about my ordering the Edstrom shields from Chinworld (I got the actual bottles at woodlandbirdsupply)... well, they did respond to my email (about asking if there was a cheaper way to ship), and they ended up shipping out the 3 shields at NO shipping cost to me. :thumbsup: Got em today.

So...while apparently they're mum about CNQ... they're still selling stuff and shipping it out... I know I just read that some of their customers are having a hard time getting ahold of them, but I emailed them about the shipping, they got back to me the next day, and not even a week later (today) my shields showed up. So they are around....

I have never actually had a Edstrom bottle before, but since they have been getting such praise and they are being discontinued I am debating if i should grab one while I can just to see if mine will take to it. Question is.. there is some sort of valve piece, right? I thought a while back I had heard of them wearing out after a while and needing to be replaced. How often does this happen? If I get one just to try, should I get two just in case my furkids do actually like it and to have that extra piece for whenever the first goes out?

i have a question on the Edstrom on the Edstrom bottle and low and behold a forum already going! Hurrah!

So I got the edstrom water buddy in the mail today, man are they nifty. But I think mine is broken. they say they don't leak but mine had a five minute drip and then and hour ago my and my roommates were watching tv and the girls were sleeping and thenwe hear this noise and the Edstrom is just pouring about 4 oz. out onto the floor of their cage. No one was touching it, no one was walking past the cage, no one was moving. And as we figure it out and everyone is just staring at it open mouthed it just stops.

Is this just a weird first usage spasm? Or do I need to get it replaced?

I have been using Edstrom Water Buddies for three years and I have never had a leak except when my little girls chewed a hole in the corner :/. I have a guard on theirs now obviously ;). I highly recommend them. EveningChin if yours doesn't have a chew hole in it then I would definitely call and get a replacement. I have several of them and have never had an issue. I have stocked up since they are discontinued so that I will always have them available :).

Back