Edible house?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In terms of honey I get conflicting information. Doesn't LifeLine contain honey? If that's the case, why is it highly recommended for chins?

I do feed my chinchillas lifeline, and nothing else containing honey, but I am curious about that.

Are you confusing bee pollen with honey? My Lifeline ingredients list does not include honey. ETA: I maintain my list does not include honey, however, I was just on Dawnna's site and I see honey listed there. Maybe it is something recently added? It definitely says zero sugar so I am thinking maybe because she says you can add honey, perhaps she typed something in the wrong place...not sure LOL.

Last edited:
Ugh, I seem to come off wrong and get attacked.

I meant the house is made of hay and wood. The edible house I CURRENTLY have for them.

Geeze.

I was referring to the comment where you said the house was made of "all natural stuff, no honey," because there ARE natural products out there that aren't good for chins (due to too much sugar, etc.). No where did you say that the house was made of wood and hay. I guess we're all a bit confused because I'm not sure that anyone (and maybe I'm wrong?) refers to the wood shelves, beds, etc. as edible...they're just safe for chins to chew on.

And let me clarify--I am not a chin owner, I just know what I've picked up from hanging around here. :dance3:

ETA: I know that a lot of people use lifeline, but I think I also remember reading (back on CnQ) that people also didn't think it was as safe/great as some made it out to be. Any lifeline dissenters out there? :) The ingredients I just pulled from the website include honey, down near the bottom:

Alfalfa, Bee Pollen, Whole Wheat, Oat, & Rice, Peppermint, Oregano, 8 Billion Probiotic/6 Strains: *Lactobacillus acidophilus, *Bifidobacterium lactis (bifidum), *Bifidobacterium longum, *Lactobacillus paracaseil sub-sp., *Streptococcus thermophilus, *Lactobacillus bulgaricus 10 Sources of Digestive Enzymes: *Papaya Fruit Powder, *Pineapple Juice Powder, *Betaine (from Beets & Molasses), *Papain (from Papaya), *Protease, *Amylase, *Lipase, *Cellulase, *Lactase, *Bromelain (from Pineapple), VitaminC:*Ester-C Ascorbate, *Citrus Bioflavonoids, *Acerola, *Rutin, Rose Hips, Honey, Yucca Schidigera, Electrolyte

Last edited:
I am just bad with my words, as English isn't always the first thing that comes to my mind.

It isn't a total wood house. It has timothy hay and alfafa mixed into it.

So I am sorry on my behalf.

Are you confusing bee pollen with honey? My Lifeline ingredients list does not include honey. ETA: I maintain my list does not include honey, however, I was just on Dawnna's site and I see honey listed there. Maybe it is something recently added? It definitely says zero sugar so I am thinking maybe because she says you can add honey, perhaps she typed something in the wrong place...not sure LOL.

Well now I'm just confused.

Well, it can't have much honey, lifeline is a powder. My tub does not have honey on the ingredient list either....hm.

Latest posts

Back