Christmas came early!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I leave most of my males in as well. I have learned which males need to be pulled and which don't

Congrats ash!

I also agree. Most of my males have access with females even when kits are born unless the male. I know what females NEED to be shut off before kits are born as they breed back. (One of my standards and one of my black velvet females will breed back each and every time)

Thanks guys! The little boy is doing great. He's gained 3g and is thriving. Every time I go downstairs, he's flipped upside down under Cead and Cuda is cuddled up against her. They aren't moving far from the food dish or water bottle and stay cuddled up directly in the middle of the two. Silly chins...

Ok, so the baby hates me. He runs whenever I open the cage door. However, he will jump right into Keith's hands. Little brat... He still needs a name. I want a name that's like a big old boat-like classic car... His dad's "Cuda" after the Plymouth Barracuda. So. I'm open to suggestions!

My father's a gear head from way back. So, I called him and read the description. He says, "Without a doubt, the Chrysler Imperial." Apparently my uncle had a navy blue one that was "just gorgeous". (Packard) Clipper. Cadillac had the Fleetwood and El Dorado too.

Of course, there's always the Ford Thunderbird.

What a cute baby!!!

I love it when they are upside down under mom nursing!!!

I think that Cadillac suits him perfectly -- large and luxurious!!! :thumbsup:

i know its off subject but some of you said you know what males and females to seperate or keep together...ive never heard of this lol im confused....do you just see if they breed back and if they do you seperate them after that?? im trying to learn all i can and thats the first time ive come across hearing that..lol

I already had a Charger. He was a humane league rescue and sadly passed about two weeks after making it to my home. I like Cadillac and Imperial, but Keith keeps shaking his head and saying SCOOTER. Scooter does not fit him... not one bit... Men :rolleyes:

As I said in chat last night men should not having naming privileges when they want to name chinchillas or children things like scooter, chip, and pythagoras ;-)

I like Cadillac then you'd have Cad', Cead, and Cuda.

i know its off subject but some of you said you know what males and females to seperate or keep together...ive never heard of this lol im confused....do you just see if they breed back and if they do you seperate them after that?? im trying to learn all i can and thats the first time ive come across hearing that..lol

If you haven't read that before, on this forum, then you have done zero research into breeding because it's been talked about oh, I don't know, at least 100 times? Read through the breeding and babies section, actually read through it, and I'm quite sure you'll find reference to this over and over again, specifically if you read anything about colony breeding.

i have done research but i have never read that.............ive read 2-3 threads on here about colony breeding and have never noticed that, i just asked a logical question i dont get why i had to be answered in such a rude manor honestly...im trying to learn, does it hurt to ask a question that i just happened to never hear about..

Awwww he will warm up to ya!! some babies i swear come out and have decided somehow in the womb who they like and who they don't already Lol.
Great job and grats to ya sounds like you have a REALLY healthy little guy to look after now hehe!

My chunk turned a week on Saturday. I got some new pictures of him today. I need to break out the camera and some decent lighting instead of using my phone, but for now, it works

155775_475268251685_663306685_5937643_1426469_n.jpg

154103_475267671685_663306685_5937637_267594_n.jpg

150524_475267966685_663306685_5937639_3988958_n.jpg

65876_475268201685_663306685_5937642_4771548_n.jpg

Back