Chopped my hair off!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alli713

..has a fleece addiction
After having my hair long for a really long time I finally chopped it all off! I had wanted to cut it last year, but then didn't want short hair for my wedding, so I waited another year.

Got married less than two weeks ago and am back packing up the chins and my dog at my parents so I went to the hair stylist I've been going to since I was five.

I haven't had short hair since early in my high school years. My husband has never seen me with short hair, and he won't see it til tomorrow, I'm so excited!

I'm donating it to Wigs for Kids, which is a non-profit that donates wigs to kids with cancer. Not Locks of Love, which does not give wigs to kids, it sells wigs to adults and children with permanent hair loss. So no cancer patients are eligible for their wigs if their hair will ever re-grow. Also Locks of Love sells their wigs, so the patients must pay for the wigs, and they receive so many donations a year that they sell most of the hair to other wig makers for resale. They make over a million dollars a year doing everything.

I got 18 inches cut off :D

haircut.jpg

I was so sick of how long my hair was, I never wore it down. It's nice to have a change! And so light! I have such thick hair that it's ridiculous.

Here's some back pictures too

IMG_5058.jpg

IMG_5070.jpg
:tease:

Oh my goodness it is soooo cute! Love it. I had long hair for a long time too, then after I got married last year I chopped it off to that exact length. It is so light isn't it? I felt like a huge weight had been lifted off me haha. I've let it grow out a little longer again but I don't think I will ever let it get as long as it used to be (mine was about mid chest length) Congrats on getting married and hope all is going well :)

Holy cow! :thumbsup:
I was going to do the same in January and I completely chickened out! The hair and you look great! :D

p.s. Welcome Back!

Wow that looks so good!! I kinda want to chop my hair off too but am too chicken also. The one thing I hate is how tangled my hair gets because it's too long. I'm jealous!!

I don't know, I have mixed feelings being that I have long hair. You looked good both ways and I am glad that your hair is going to go to an actual good cause. I had no idea that locks of love sold the wigs they made from donated hair.

Still, one less chick with long long hair. I'm feeling pretty lonely lately. :p

I think some people look better with long, others with short. I don't care either way what others do with their hair.

Personally, I like my hair long, but not almost to my butt like it was. But hair regrows, so I have no issues. I think it's nice to change it up every once in a while.

Thanks for the compliments though guys :))

You're right. It is very annoying to sit on it...or have it fly over my shoulder and have the whole thing hit me in the eyes. Or, get it caught in the car door, or the door as I am walking out of the house...or get it in my mouth when it is windy out...etc etc.

Still...you will grow it out again... :p

Does it feel really weird now that it's gone? I can't even imagine...my hair is just always there. My husband would probably never let me cut my hair, so I will never know.

thanks for the info, I've donated to locks of love before, didn't know what all you just said though.

You look great btw ;)

Aw it looks so cute!! Awesome that you donated to a good cause!

I could never have my hair that short though! It looks so weird on me like that haha. I hate how tangled my hair gets, and it isn't even very long at all, just very curly.

I think long hair is easier. I'm going to miss using my hair forks. And I hate blow drying hair since mine is so thick. But I made sure and told her that I wanted something easy!

And yes, I will grow it out again eventually ;)

Latest posts

Back