Chinnie Bag!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a ton of fleece since I bought some scraps from Joanns. I made a chinnie bag for each of my boys. They love them.

Bryson enjoys sleeping in his in the morning while I get ready for school. Just rests on my hip while I do my makeup and my hair. He really doesn't mind.

Ande just jumps out of it. But sometimes he will sit in it for a little bit.

Charlie loves his. He will pop his head out and look at me, then go back in for a bit, then pop back out. It's so cute :)

Any tips on creating a chinnie bag? I think i may go out to the fabric store and get some supplies. Do you know how much fabric you used (approx)? And how do you make the straps? I always get so frustrated with making straps. lol Thanks a million!

I am honestly not sure how much fabric I used. I had 2 yards, and I made a two sided cage liner, a chinnie bag, a hammock, and I have a bunch left over. You would have more than enough with a yard.

For the strap, I folded over a long piece of fabric, sewed the one side to make a tube of fabric. Then I attached a safety pin to the one side and used it to help turn it inside out (so the stitched are inside the tube). Then I just sewed it to the bag.

I had a customer actually cut out two pieces of the fleece with part cut into 1 inch strips (probably about a foot of strips on the piece of fabric.) then he just braided the two pieces together and braided on a handle. That was really creative because he didn't need a sewing machine that way.

I have some really really awesome pouches that were made for me. I love them!

Wow, that is really neat! Pookie, my chinchilla from a long time ago, loved to sleep in the hood of my sweaters. I'd take him out on cool days and he'd just chill back there. They must like the darkness of it, I suppose.

Back