Breeding horror story

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update,
I just can't put him down yet :-( I just can't. He is still fighting I swear, and I just can't. I love him so much. If he is not any better by Monday I will have him put down, that is the deal I made myself. I may need your help to make sure I stick with my word and to tell me I am doing the right thing.

I took a picture of the little guy- introduing Pipsqueak...

IMG_4422.jpg

Last edited:
Chantel, I am SO sorry you are going through this with Pipsqueak. I think by setting a day to make your final decision is a good thing. In addition to prayer do this--go out and get either a green or white candle. Write your wish for Pipsqueak to get better onto the side of the candle with a pin. Close your eyes and make your wish out loud and then light the candle and burn it all the way down. Wish candles were very common in my early ancestors days and honestly it doesn't hurt to have a wish candle!!!
I hope for the best of Pipsqueak, but I also know how important it is to you that he be at peace.

Pipsqueak died this morning at 5:30. I am devastated. I really for some reason was not ready for this and am taking it harder than I usually do. Darn it.

Chantel - sorry for your loss! Mother Nature has her ways for a reason, though. You did your best, and she stepped in to make the choice for you. Again, sorry!

I'm so sorry you lost him ,I know how much he ment to you.
You were such a good Mommy to him,you gave him true love.
The best gift ever.
Rest in Peace little Pipsqueak.:flowers1:

Sorry to hear about little Pipsqueak. We know you did all you could for the little guy. Just know that he is much happier now, with no more pain and suffering to deal with. I'm here for ya if you need me.

Chantel, I am so sorry for the loss you and your husband suffered. I truly do believe in the Rainbow Bridge and I think you do too. I probably will not see Pipsqueak in the hereafter but you will have a joyous reunion!

Thanks everyone for the kind words. On a happy note, we had a beautiful baby boy violet born today who cheared me up a bit. Pictures to come.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. On a happy note, we had a beautiful baby boy violet born today who cheared me up a bit. Pictures to come.

Chantel, I'm so sorry to hear about Pipsqueak!! I hope he's resting comfortably now.

On the other hand, maybe you'll find a little "Pipsqueak" in your new violet boy...Mother Nature works in mysterious ways.

I'm so very sorry for your loss. It always seems to hurt more when they are babies, they never really got a chance. You know in your heart you did everything you could. It's very hard to make the decision to euthanize; maybe he had to go so you wouldnt have to be faced with that....

waiting at the bridge Pipsqueak

Latest posts

Back