Blizzard

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its going to be 70 deg here today and 75 this weekend!

Wow, you're 10 degrees warmer than the north bay. We're only looking at 60s this week. I am feeling increasingly guilty about our mild winter. Thunder and lightening during a snow storm sounds really scary!

SmileX3 I have also been wondering what to do with my babies if we lost power. My parents have a gas powered fireplace that would heat the house even without power but they live about 6 miles away so we'd have to pack up 4 dogs, a cat, a hedgehog, a turtle, and all their food and our clothes etc..What would we do if we got stuck in the road with all those animals!? lol we decided to stay home no matter what. Never lost power for more than 30 seconds. It was pretty annoying though literally every 2 minutes it would go off, count to three, back on.

We didn't get the 16 inches they said more like 8 or so. But it drifted in some places almost 2 feet. Our back deck is about a foot and a half drifted, pretty funny watching 4 dogs plow through haha. No school today again, wind is still blowing crazy. Probably will have to go back to work tomorrow though, darn.

In Indy here... not a ton of snow, but mostly ice. Campus closed (doesn't matter to me, I don't go), lots of businesses and stuff closed... course Meijer (where I work) is open... but is out of generators, firewood, those heating logs, propane, salt.... anything that might be good to have right now they're out of...

My dog will go down the stairs (outside of the building)... but takes forever to get back up them... she slipped twice (the first time we went out) and now its like she remembers... I hate to rip on the apartment complex maintenance workers... but I'm off work today and I haven't seen one all day, and they're supposed to clear the snow and put down salt.... and there's still like a 2" thick sheet of ice on those stairs... ugh. I'd rather have a few feet of snow than this ice!

I've also been running the AC here the last few days. Yesterday it reached 80. I don't wish for all the snow you guys are having, but dang it, some cold weather would be nice.

we just got dumped with snow as well - this will be the 5th snow day for my kids since January 1st - will be interesting to see what they do to make up the days

I live about an hour west of Chicago...we got a bit of snow here...Marshall is loving it. I am camped out inside with the baby so...no snow fun for me

Oh wow. I feel for you guys but I must say....

:rofl: :hilarious: Better you than me! :neener:

I am really really hoping it stays away from me. I don't want it. I'm so sick of snow, I want to move to no-snow-ville. (copyrighting that so Zygna can't take it for a game title)

It started snowing this morning really hard, yet it was sunny! :/

In Philly we got 18 inches last week and then we had a wicked ice storm last night but it turned to rain in time that schools were able to open with a delayed start. I'm really over this winter weather and general coldness but I can't complain because being that I work for the school district, I at least get snow days and delays :p I really feel for people who are expected to make it to work regardless of weather conditions.

here in the NW it has been really nice compared to what all of you are going through. It has been cold this week, but sunny. In the 20's and 30's, but last week we were in the mid 50's. We have had 2 snowfalls, and neither amounted to much, thank goodness! Mother nature can't seem to make up her mind, though, as it will be warm one minute, and cold the next! My son Brandon is really wanting snow and is jealous of what you all have. He doesn't have to drive or run errands in it, lol. I'm hoping we don't get anymore snow this season. I am ready for spring! Good luck to all of you, and be safe!

We had 70 degree weather this last weekend, then Tuesday morning dropped to 30, then steadily dropped until it's about 15 outside right now. Really windy, pretty icy out there, maybe an inch of snow. Not a lot but when you aren't used to icy conditions, driving is nuts, so I've stayed home the last couple of days. They've called me in to work but I've refused because it wasn't a necessity and I wasn't scheduled to work. However I work tomorrow and Friday and it isn't going to get much warmer so going to go have to brave the elements and idiot drivers. Yay! I hate cold weather

I'm surprised we missed out on the snow here in MN. We got only about 6 inches of snow. But I'm kind of glad that we didn't get any more snow as we still have piles of it from when it snowed the 20+" here in December.

Here in MA too. I didn't go to work yesterday, got a late start and all the T train parking lots were full so I decided to stay home. No work today, as a "non-emergency" worker (as opposed to a "non-essential.." worker) I was told to stay home to leave the roads clear. Planned on cleaning the house and got the bathroom done before I ventured to the basement and saw the puddle leaking in through the bulkhead which was essentially open cause the rotten wood was removed. SIGH

I also spend 2 hours digging out the sewer drain at the end of my driveway. Hopefully 2 hours well spent when this stuff will melt away!!

Walked the doggie around 3 pm and the rain/snow/puddles were starting to freeze - VERY slippery.. We have to go back out... I think it'll be a short walk up and down the street..

My boyfriend and I spent 4 hours last night getting as much snow off the roof as we could with the shovel, broom and laddder. They're out of snow rakes everywhere. Crossing my fingers that the one year old roof makes it :( JUST got it paid off..

This is my 5th day home from work because of weather I believe. Mostly because I believe I am not hero and won't risk my well being trying to get there :p There's nothing so pressing for me to do that I would risk not coming home to my fur babies for! :p

I am really, really worried about when all the snow melts tho... I hope it doesn't flood :(

view.php

This was taken last weekend. You can see my station wagon's butt up the driveway on the side of the house (my folks' house, not the house with the CAT). The mailboxes are completely under snow now and everything is probably covered in 15-20 more inches than it is pictured.

If anyone is thinking of buying a house...do not buy one on a hill.

I slept this entire snow day!! It was awesome!! Just got up to make myself some grilled cheese and do a bit of homework. It's been a good day, except that now because I couldn't get out my inspection sticker on my car has expired...oops!!

Well our schools are closed yet again tomorrow, third day in a row this week!! That NEVER happens here, for anything! And since I'm a nanny for a school teacher, that means I don't have to work either:dance3: AND I've been off work since Monday because my boy was sick so the mom stayed with him, then Tuesday the snow and ice came and I've been home relaxin with my babies ever since :party:

We have no snow, no ice, and it's about 30 degrees. The kicker? there *might* be ice on the roads tomorrow so they closed all the schools. No kidding!

Southerners are seriously wussy.

This was taken last weekend. You can see my station wagon's butt up the driveway on the side of the house (my folks' house, not the house with the CAT). The mailboxes are completely under snow now and everything is probably covered in 15-20 more inches than it is pictured.

If anyone is thinking of buying a house...do not buy one on a hill.

I slept this entire snow day!! It was awesome!! Just got up to make myself some grilled cheese and do a bit of homework. It's been a good day, except that now because I couldn't get out my inspection sticker on my car has expired...oops!!

Picture attached

Attachments

• street view 2.jpg
    street view 2.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 88
im by ohare and we got 20 inches! its been insane today but luckily my boyfriend has a huge diesel truck that made it through all 2 ft of unplowed street!!! a lot of shoveling today though.

We have no snow, no ice, and it's about 30 degrees. The kicker? there *might* be ice on the roads tomorrow so they closed all the schools. No kidding!

Southerners are seriously wussy.

Haha no kidding! Omg, there is seriously 2" of ice on everything here. The apartment crews were finally out and had to take some weird sort of thing (almost looked like a putty scraper, but huuuuuge and on a long pole) to chip some of the ice off the stairs. It is freakin ridiculous. Campus closed again tomorrow (for AM classes anyway)...pizza places are doing carryout only, tons of other businesses are closed... but of course, Meijer's open!!! *sigh* One day I will stop working at 24 hour retail stores...

Haha no kidding! Omg, there is seriously 2" of ice on everything here. The apartment crews were finally out and had to take some weird sort of thing (almost looked like a putty scraper, but huuuuuge and on a long pole) to chip some of the ice off the stairs. It is freakin ridiculous. Campus closed again tomorrow (for AM classes anyway)...pizza places are doing carryout only, tons of other businesses are closed... but of course, Meijer's open!!! *sigh* One day I will stop working at 24 hour retail stores...

I'm so glad IUPUI is closed again tomorrow. My Friday class got cancelled too. ;)

My entire car is glazed over with an inch of ice. I eventually got the driver's side open and attempted to de-thaw it...after an hour of letting it run and attempting to chip the ice off, I just gave up.

This is my second winter living between Erie, PA and Buffalo, NY. Growing up in the Snow Belt of Ohio, we heard horror stories of multiple feet of snow in this area overnight, horrible windy ice storms, the works. However bad we had it, Northern PA/Buffalo always got worse weather than we did.

But both winters since I moved, my parents have gotten more wintery crap than I have. This is the first time I've seen a storm live up to the hype the weather reports offer, and even with that, the snow volume has been manageable (unless you count the 4' piles in the turning lanes and crosswalks of most major roads :wacko:). Between the ice from last night and the wind today, though, getting to work was an interesting proposition. Thank goodness for 4-wheel drive!

I feel horrible for the homeless people (and animals) running around Boston, Chicago, etc. in this nastiness. Remember to check on your shut-in neighbors and any animals you know are usually outside/chained to a dog house/in a barn. This kind of weather is dangerous.

Latest posts

Back