Black Friday deals

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes

Who went out for black Friday and what was your best purchase? What time did you head out the door and how long were you out?

I personally didn't get an early start. I didn't leave until after 9, but I wasn't buying any big ticket items. Honestly, all I wanted was fleece for those tie blankets and ornaments for my tree.
I sat at Joann Fabrics for around 2 hours waiting for my fleece to be cut, but it was so worth it. I got the patterns I went it for and found some deals on Wilton chocolate covered pretzel molds and the chocolate to melt for it. I spent $66, but I saved $99.25!
Target didn't have the ornaments on sale, but that's no biggie. My tree will look nice so I'm happy.

I also ran to Kroger for a few groceries and my Kroger Card saved me $6 haha.

Who else has any good stories?

I worked from 3:30-12am on thanksgiving night, I currently work for walmart, by that point the line had already wrapped itself to the other side of the store. employees couldn't go out for a smoke without being hounded as to when the store was opening (we closed at 9pm and opened up again at 4am). By the time I got there 8 hours later for my shift (4pm-12am) we had already sold out of the 18 piece pyrax glass Tupperware set within the first 2 hours of the store opening, and NO ONE understood that we didn't have any in the back and they wanted rainchecks for when we would have them in stock again. I had a customer who came into our store at about 10:06pm wanting a chest that we do not have. He wanted us to write a note that he was at a walmart looking for the chest at one walmart while he goes to another to see if they had the chest. the offer expired at 10pm. The night before this conversation took place:

Customer: *points to a vaccum that goes on sale on Black Friday* Can I have that at that price? Me: Sorry sir, but that is on sale tomorrow. Customer: But I'm here now...so can I have it? Me: ...no sorry, you'll have to wait. Customer: But I'm the only customer in the store. (he's not) Me: sorry... Customer: what if I come in at 12am. Me: We won't be open then. We open at 4am. Customer: oh..

However, I spent a while with a customer trying to find the perfect things to decorate her house for Christmas. And I liked her and I wanted to show her a few things: a $38 snowflake necklace and a $8.90 deer necklace. She agreed that both were really pretty and she was considering the snowflake. I explained that I could not wait till I got paid to get the deer. While I was talking to another customer she slipped something into my pocked and said "merry christmas, goddess bless" and walked away. When I had a moment I found she slipped two $5's into my pocket. I went looking for her, awed she had done this and just in disbelief. I found her and said I couldn't she smiled and said I could, to think of it as an early christmas gift. and she left the store. So now I am the very happy (and still in great disbelief) owner of a beautiful christmas deer.

Attachments

• deer.jpg
    deer.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 93
i went out and got some fleece. i'm thinking about going out tomorrow and getting a laptop that is still on sale.

I went with my sister in law and people called us every bad word and name you could think of. lol It wasn't our fault they insisted on getting carts and trying to get through the store. My mom held our cart in an empty aisle and we ran back and forth to her. haha

I got The Vampire Dairies Season 1 and 2 on Dvd for $10 each. I was super excited.

We most just had fun being goofy. We didn't really know what we were going for until we got there. We got my nephew a v-tech pocket and remote control car and a few wii games.

I went to Walmart at 7:30pm (it was open all night for this event because of past black friday issues. Anyways, I found out they were doing the tickets at 8pm for the big ticket kind of items. I got a smaller size TV for my room. I also got the $19 shop vac, $18 stand mixer (I hope it's good), and a Stanley tool kit. There were quite a few fights at my store. They got really rowdy at midnight in electronics when the midnight sale happened. The people on the intercom kept saying to calm down and even threatened to close the store. It took me 1 hour and 15 minutes to get through the line at midnight. I also went to JoAnn Fabrics and got a bunch of fleece. I want to do tie blankets for Christmas for some people this year and then extra for other sewing things. Oh and I got a steam cleaner at Best Buy today (ordered yesterday online). That is the extent of my Black Friday shopping. After these sales, and buying things for my chinchillas I am going to cool off the shopping for a long time lol.

I didn't do Black Friday per se, but I did stop by Joanns and got some fleece solids. When I took my number they were on number 81...I was 10!! But it moved quickly and a lot of people bailed so the line moved fast.

Oh, we got to walmart at 9pm and left at 3pm.

After we got what we wanted, we left, drove around and got lost. Then went back to walmart just to look about and see what people left behind because they couldn't pay for it. lol

Anyone know how long JoAnn's fleece is on sale?

Wow! It looks like a lot of people wanted fleece!
As far as I know (at least in Michigan) JoAnn was having a 3 day sale, so if you get there today you should still get the great prices. I think they also have extra coupons that expire at noon so get there early!

I went to walmart at 9:15pm for the 12pm sale - my husband and I split up - he waited for the Cars 2 race track set and I went for the $28 memory foam mattress toppers. The lady next to me worked at kohls and we mapped out which ones we would grab and pass to the lady next to me LOL. Some of the boxes had gotten wet so we moved them. At 9:40 someone about two rows over started shrieking and tearing into thier pallet so everyone else did too - workers came swat team style in saying "IT'S NOT 10:00 YET!!" Everyone froze and then grabbed their stuff anyway and took off LOL. Hubs got the toy and I got my two toppers there.

I dropped the hubs off because shopping with him is like hunting with the game warden.

Went home, ordered Cars 2 off Amazon because we couldn't find it at walmart and they had it the same price.

At 11:10pm I got to Kohls and there were already 250 ppl in line. Waited in line for them to open at 12am and by the time the doors opened there was a line more than 500 yards long with at least 650 ppl. I had a hard time finding the pot set I wanted there but finally found it and got a few baby toys and a throw blanket. I waited in line to check out for over an hour and 15 minutes....

From there went to Belk, got there at 2:05am and waited for them to open at 3am - had no idea they were giving away gift cards but unfortunately missed getting one by like 3 people :( Easily got the fleece pullovers and the sportcoat I was looking for.

Total tally on savings:

$28 for memory foam mattress toppers originally $69 or more
$25 Cars 2 set ($40)
$12.99 for a Cars 2 dvd ($24)
$32.99 for a pot set ($100)
$8.99 for a throw ($43)
$9 for a activity walker ($27)
$9 for a laugh and learn laptop ($28)
$9 for a fleece pullover ($24)
$29 for a courdoroy sport coat ($115)

All in all I saved something around $250 -$300 or so...

I would usually go out and stand in lines, but I had to work so I stayed in and did all my shopping online =) I'm pretty much set on all my christmas gift shopping, maybe have only a couple people left to shop for. My big ticket item for me was a new computer! It's gonna be so sweet... a beastly gaming system (and of course functionality for other purposes lol) with a dual screen setup. I'm so excited I can't wait for it to get here! I don't even wanna look at my credit card bill yet...

I would usually go out and stand in lines, but I had to work so I stayed in and did all my shopping online =) I'm pretty much set on all my christmas gift shopping, maybe have only a couple people left to shop for. My big ticket item for me was a new computer! It's gonna be so sweet... a beastly gaming system (and of course functionality for other purposes lol) with a dual screen setup. I'm so excited I can't wait for it to get here! I don't even wanna look at my credit card bill yet...

The guy in front us at Wal-Mart charged over 2500$ of stuff to his credit card. He will probably cry when he gets his credit card bill.

We got what we wanted, but we got it online, Walmart is too crazy. We got the PS3 bundle for $199.99, a few hours after we got it, the price jumped to $399.99, just ridiculous!

Normally I do JoAnns on Friday as well, but I had no patience this year

Back