Arlington TX - CHIN PICS

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I should have taken photos of the few I received, but I took two of them to their new home last nite and the other three are getting picked up tonite. Looks like people are happy to help out with the rescues :)

Here are a few pictures of the Standard gal that we got. She has been bouncing around the cage all day! I hope I'm posting these right! :hmm:

IMGP3551.jpg

IMGP3544.jpg

IMGP3552.jpg

IMGP3550.jpg

Here are a few pictures of the Standard gal that we got. She has been bouncing around the cage all day! I hope I'm posting these right! :hmm:

IMGP3551.jpg

IMGP3544.jpg

IMGP3552.jpg

IMGP3550.jpg

Am loving all these pics and updates! You have #15... sounds like a 'Fifi' to me. =)

Ha! I like FiFi! That's a great idea! We have been trying to think of some type of "pepper" name. We have Chili our other chin and Belle (as in Bell Pepper) our rabbit, so we thought maybe we had a theme going! We thought about Cayenne, but I dunno. My husband is say, "Fifi!?! Noooo!!!!" LOL

Actually, all of our animals have Plant derived names. Willow, Lily, and Rose are our dogs. And Sassy (Sassafras) is our cat! So I guess any type of plant would still go!

Last edited:
Ohhh, they are all so cute but I especially like the second boy, even if he does look grumpy. Reminds me of Pip's evil eye.

My trio of females. I swear the picture of a trio in the blue and cage, my first chinchilla cage i think it is, is my 3 at Rick's.

The beige has been named Jewel. No idea on the 2 standards yet. One is definitely younger and smaller than the other. I am guessing Jewel and the little standard are under 6 months and the big girl is around 8 months.

They were going crazy in the cage last night. There was some bickering over the water bottles and I realized I didn't quite get the vacuum broken in. Thought I whacked the bottles hard enough. But ones the water started working things calmed back down. I just had some angry squeaks.

So any names on the Standards greatly appreciated. The pics are from last night.

Attachments

• 145-r.jpg
    145-r.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 83
  • 146-r.jpg
    146-r.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 79
  • 147-r.jpg
    147-r.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 79
My boys are beautiful!!!! As they all are.
Thanks again Rick and all who were involved it was truly an amazing thing.
I'm very proud to have been a part of it.

I got my boys at the same time Essentia did and mine were wired for sound when I go them home & in their cages.
From all of the other accounts I thought they would want to find a cubbie and go to sleep. NOT!!!! They ran and played for about 2 hours.
There was a little bickering with the Black Velvet and the standard mate. No fur flying just chasing mounting and spinning. I watched them do that for about a half hour and then decided to seperate them for the night to be safe. By this time it was 1:00 am and I was exhausted.
I took the original aggressor and put him in a carrier and back into the cage with his bro. They one that was left out of the carrier slept in front of the door all night.
Took him out in the morning and they have been fine.

The Black Velvet is a little bigger than the others so I think he may be a little older.
The two other standards are smaller than the other two.
I have not decided on names yet.

They are eating and drinking alot and their poo is fine and in large quantities. :)
They got a dust bath last night and loved it. Seem to be in fine health and are very inquisitive about their surroundings.

Essentia took a couple of pictures for me. I took some yesterday but the two standards were acting camera shy so I didn't get any good ones of them yet.
I'll post them as soon as I can get them to be still for a second!

I posted them here Bobbi. :) My mutation pair also had a bit of mounting and spinning but they worked it out as well. :p I think it just came from them being seperated so long during the journey here.

Thanks Crysta I saw them and have been showing them to everybody! :)

I want to take some full body ones to post and send to everybody I know.

I wasn't taking any chances and just seperated them for the night.
They are fine now and have been great.
I stayed up half the night last night talking to them and adding stuff to their cage.
They run all over me when I put my arms in there.
The black velvet who is my grouch actually sat still and let me rub his head.

Glad to hear yours are that friendly already! Mine aren't quite there yet, but they are getting better. They used to bark at me every time I walked by the cage. :p That's especially bad thins they are in the front room not far from the front door. Haha.

Mine are super friendly. One a little more than the other. But when they here me in the room they come sit by the cage. When I stand by their cage they come over to me.
I did pick one up. He was fast! I still want to leave them be for a few days before I take them out for playtime.
They are little though, I am thinking maybe 6 or 9 months??? anyone else with more experience have the smaller ones that may have an idea on age? I posted my pictures earlier in the thread so you can see their size.

I got Richie when he was little but that was so long ago I dont remember his size PLUS we knew nothing about him.
They are definitely small, but I don't have enough experience to age them, so maybe my 2 are only 4 - 5 months.
I am going to try and weigh them in the next few days.

Latest posts

Back