Argh! Craigslist people!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:banghead:
A BOX OF CHINCHILLAS?!
EXACTLY HOW MANY TO A BOX?
5? 3?
What kind of a box? A shoe box? A pizza box? FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!! CHINCHILLAS ARE NOT SOLD IN BOX MEASUREMENTS
AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
:hair::hair::hair:

------

:cry3:
Why would you do something like that?? Why would you leave them even CLOSE to the outdoors???!?!?!?!?!?! AAGGGGHHHH

Didn't you know we sell chins by the dozen, I will take 2 whites 3 ebs, umm a sapphire and 4 standards, I think a couple of black velvets to fill the box.....

I know we talked privately, but just FYI for the thread, IDK what happened to Waldo. I contacted his owner, but they never got back to me. I was very interested in saving him, but to no avail :(

Sigh... I know. : ) thank you so much for trying. It just makes me so, so sad.

As for this: http://lisas-chillen-chinchillas.tk/

wow great observation! this woman is obviously "rescuing" chinchillas for a profit. This angers me soo much.
Yeah maybe... unless she's just using the picture..

Not only is Duke from on here, the Tan Standard, "Dusty"
http://www.olx.sg/baby-hetero-beige-chinchilla-for-sale-iid-41865515
is on an ad here listed as a "hetero beige"

and "Cinnamon from a 'FUR FARM"
http://www.chinchillaplace.com/blog/bid/5102/Bad-Chinchilla-Habits

What is it with people using other chinchillas to sell their own?

All of these pictures I found off of Google. Haha you all wouldn't BELIEVE how much time I spend googling pictures of chinchillas :p

Last edited:
I wonder what the real deal is with that "rescue" lady. I have a mind to contact the Humane Society in that area as she lists her full name and addy on the site....if that's a true addy. Seems things aren't what they seem with her!

Ya I doubt the chins on her site are hers at all.. just pictures she found online.

Wonder what the person who picks up Duke is going to say when they realize it's not even the same chin, if there even is a Duke and she's not scamming people.

What is it with people using other chinchillas to sell their own?

They do this all the time though! I have found images of my hedgehogs used in CL ads to sell their hedgehogs a few times! Some will say this isn't the hedgehog but the same color. But not all! One person used a very old image of one of mine. I knew the person who ended up getting the hedgehog and while my hedgehog was a dark algerian grey, the hedgehog they received was a red-eyed cinnacot. In chins this is like posting an image of a black velvet and selling the person a beige.

She should also have to remove the mis-information about Fur Farming it gives them a bad name. They do not just Kill and throw out the animals not worth pelting. Makes them sound cruel. Ranchers take better care of their animals than the average pet person

From what I can tell there is no "fur farm" at all. There is a pelt dealer but there are no live animals there. Not sure where she is getting her chins from. Perhaps she is letting her won multiply.

These chinchillas, on the other hand, look much healthier.
I wanted to post this so people might cheer up a teensy bit :)
They both look very sweet, especially the standard...but I can't tell if they are stock chin photos or not. The cage photo is stock...

http://rochester.craigslist.org/pet/1733044568.html
"One beige and one grey both under a year old and extremely sweet! come with huge cage, food, bedding, treats, water bottle, dust bath, cage decor. Asking 150.00 Firm much less than what i paid. "
3ne3pb3lf5O15Z65W2a5ad27a114febd0170e.jpg

3k83ma3l85V15Q45Z4a5a2bcd238a87d810ae.jpg

3m33o83la5O65Z45W2a5a6abb16e248131d74.jpg

3kc3o83l05O15V25R0a5a2c4c5addef5218e7.jpg

These chinchillas, on the other hand, look much healthier.
I wanted to post this so people might cheer up a teensy bit :)
They both look very sweet, especially the standard...but I can't tell if they are stock chin photos or not. The cage photo is stock...[/IMG]

Definitely chin stock photos, I've seen them both before. Chins in Tennessee are getting more popular, and it is starting to make me sick. People are listing them every day on CL here - and they want outrageous 'fees'!

I also saw somebody list an FN 142 for $400 becuase it "sells for $800"... used for chinchillas. Yeah, I'm sure that was in perfect shape and worth $400.

One of the chins I took in had that exact cage with those tubes. She did use them but they didn't stay for long. Now she leaps from ledge to ledge, no more shimmy!

Are you referring to Patty's cage? If so, how the heck did she not get stuck?!

Are you referring to Patty's cage? If so, how the heck did she not get stuck?!

:rofl:

No it was Hera's she was about 500g smaller than Patty when I got her! I'm trying to think of Patty in the cage with the tubes.....She would have had to have the jaws of life to get her out!

Back