Argh! Craigslist people!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd be surprised if those were all chins of the same sex, and she sure is asking a lot of money for them considering they're "rescues". :rolleyes:

correct me if i'm wrong, but they don't breed mutations in fur farms correct? If they were rescued from a fur farm, they'd be standard. Gah and she had her facebook page link from the website and she appears to take like 4-5 of them outside and grr this just makes me so mad!

Last edited:
i just saw the picture.... she has them in what looks to be a play-pen... OUTSIDE. what the heck????

Yeah, as far as I know it's only the standards that are used for fur. Not 100% sure though. I know my two Grey Boys were originally from a fur farm in Victoria that got shut down b/c of unsanitary conditions and the water system wasn't working. I don't know the whole story but it was on the news a few years back. They are dark standards with really nice fur and Oscar has an earring.

And the comment that she's "undersized due to her captivity" is just strange b/c often chinchillas that are confined to a smaller space are actually bigger than those who have more space and more exercise. At least that's been the case here. My chunky monkeys have slimmed down since they've been zooming around like crazy in their big cages and going wild on their wheels.

She sounds as though she's just picking up chins from here there and everywhere, telling a bunch of bs and looking to make money off of them.

Dusty is a fur rescue she is aproximatly 2 year old Tan/ Standerd grey. Like to snuggle. She is undersived due to her captivity.
On Hold Pending Pickup
$200 with food and treats
$150 with week of food
$100 with treats

Caring for the chins the way she does, a fee that high is definitely not needed. The rescues on here can because of the care the chinchillas receive and the quality of the food, cages, toys ect. I agree Carol Anne, I see a person searching for money.

definitely just money hungry. scammers in the animal world make me sick to my stomach.

AND as far as I know, there isn't a "fur farm" in that area. There is a place that deals with pelts in London, Ontario but they don't have any live animals on site. http://www.canchilla.com/index.php

I don't know how on earth she would send a person with a weeks supply of food when her other ad says she has no more food. What type of food is she sending people?!

A few months ago I emailed her and invited her to join the forum but I never heard from her. She's not on the Ontario Forum either.

The "fur farms" breed all kinds of colors where do you think the top mutations come from? They mostly pelt standard, beige and Black but they breed all kinds of colors

Would most fur ranchers breed a tan violet? she has a chin that she says is from a "fur farm"

No way...all the ranchers I've talked to have been absolutely appalled at the idea of a beige/violet or tan/violet. They DO breed the basic mutations though such as whites, beige, pink white, black velvet, brown velvet, ebony, and some will even produce tan though it is not popular with them.

ETA: I also wanted to say she can be mistaken on the color and just have a regular tan. Since she seems like she's trying for money claiming it as a tan/violet may have her thinking she'll get more money.

Did I miss the "Chinnies need rabies shots and deworming" thread?

I missed that memo too.

Oh god, Brittany can you please? He needs to find a good home if I were in that area I would swoop him up STAT. God I feel so awful for that poor guy please someone do something! I'm in California so I can't but Aah!
I am so upset over that... I can't even stress it, way more than I thought I would be.
I could never do that to my babies

I know we talked privately, but just FYI for the thread, IDK what happened to Waldo. I contacted his owner, but they never got back to me. I was very interested in saving him, but to no avail :(

The kijiji "rescue" girl is selling 2 chins, cage, food, treats for $200. It sounds like she will sell any 2 chins, as long as she gets her money. If someone is sick and can't take care of their pets, you'd think they be less concerned about the money at this point. Hopefully, people who know about or are willing to learn about proper chin care will get her chins. That's just a sad situation for those poor chins to be in.

http://london.kijiji.ca/c-pets-to-give-or-donate-Donations-for-fur-rescue-chinchillas-W0QQAdIdZ202161121

She just put up a new ad and here is a copy paste of it:

I buy and train chinchillas from the small animal farm on the edge of london, they are from the fur factory on hamilton road.

I make them healthy, train them to be handeled, and wear harnesses. The sell them.

I am registered with the national chinchilla breeders assoshiation of canada:
http://riedstra.com/misc/ncbc.html

It costs $500 for a box of them.
I do sell them on my website: http://lisas-chillen-chinchillas.tk/

I am posting this add to ask for donations for the care of these chinchillas.
(No cash please) I will take Pets Mart gift cards, supplies you dont need anymore, or you can buy jewelry from my site:http://lisas-custom-crafts.tk
73% of the money goe's to the chinchillas the rest go's to buying the supplies to make it.

So a rescue person is now registered with the N.C.B.C. that is dedicated to serving the Commercial Chinchilla Industry in Canada?

Last edited:
Here's yet another clueless chin owner getting rid of their poor chins.
Linda

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/pet/1718986318.html

3 dark gray chinchillas need a new home...preferably in a cool climate on a "covered" patio location. They live in an old glavanized two story cage on my patio. Their mother and father were tame, but I have not had time to tame these 3. I'm not sure of their age. One is a female and has had 2 babies so my guess is she is about 2 years old. The other two are about 1 year. I don't even know the sex of the other two, so my guess is that they are all females because they have not had babies in the last six months. Other than feeding them I have not had the time to give them attention and I have promised my husband that I would give them up. Their parents were very sweet, but one night I did not close the cage properly or it was somehow forced open by a possum and we think they became possum food :(

I have two black sleeping tubes, a running ball, and blue cloud bathing dust as well as another 2 story cage which is rusty, but could be cleaned up and painted. I would like $100.00 for all 3 chinchillas. I have sold them for $50.00 each in the past. Buy two and one is free :) A fun pet to enjoy with friends.

I hope to find a home for them this weekend.

It costs $500 for a box of them.

:banghead:
A BOX OF CHINCHILLAS?!
EXACTLY HOW MANY TO A BOX?
5? 3?
What kind of a box? A shoe box? A pizza box? FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!! CHINCHILLAS ARE NOT SOLD IN BOX MEASUREMENTS
AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
:hair::hair::hair:

------
Their parents were very sweet, but one night I did not close the cage properly or it was somehow forced open by a possum and we think they became possum food
:cry3:
Why would you do something like that?? Why would you leave them even CLOSE to the outdoors???!?!?!?!?!?! AAGGGGHHHH

Back