Argh! Craigslist people!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks exactly what I was thinking, becuase after I e-mailed him a few more times he changed his story. So I'm like whatever. Then he sent me a shirtless pic...so I clicked block. I think craiglist people are morons.

Wow, LOL... what an idiot. He must have nothing else better to do.

Thanks exactly what I was thinking, becuase after I e-mailed him a few more times he changed his story. So I'm like whatever. Then he sent me a shirtless pic...so I clicked block. I think craiglist people are morons.

Well that solidifies it then!...

morons and sickos. freak.

http://longisland.craigslist.org/for/2309461501.html

Anyone in Long Island want some expensive (PetSmart?) standards? They come with some nice plastic tubes (and various other plastic parts I can't quite identify) and it looks like a bag of bird food and a little plastic container of something...? The one photographed looks healthy enough and the person states they paid $800 (asking $400) a couple weeks ago. At the moment that's all I have near me.

I read this today in the Los Angeles craig's List:

I have two adorable chinchilla brothers up for adoption together with their cage and wheel. They are pretty rare marble chinchillas which makes them more exotic looking than the traditional gray chinchillas. They are very sweet and playful and love exploring new places.

There was more to the ad, but this is the part that really got to me. Anyone want to take a guess as to what color the chins are?

We REALLY Want A Chinchilla, Were Student Who Can't Offer Much Cash(NOTHING OVER 100), But We Can Surely Offer LOVE & LOTS OF FOOD & A GREAT Place To Stay.

HELP US ACHIEVE OUR GOAL!
Give Us Your Chinchilla Please.

Yes give them your chinchilla!

Quote:
We REALLY Want A Chinchilla, Were Student Who Can't Offer Much Cash(NOTHING OVER 100), But We Can Surely Offer LOVE & LOTS OF FOOD & A GREAT Place To Stay.

HELP US ACHIEVE OUR GOAL!
Give Us Your Chinchilla Please.

Yes give them your chinchilla!

Oh yes, I will give them my chinchilla for $50, only it will be my webkinz chinchilla! :p

A lot of the people posting on craigslist are indeed idiots, and the more chinchilla owners I've met, the more stressed out I get about how poorly most are treated. However, both of my chins did come from craigslist and I would like to think I've been able to give them a pretty good home. I think that buying from CL is quite respectable because in a way, it's kind of rescuing the chins from owners who aren't at all capable of handling themselves, much less a pet. I can see how in some situations, you might be encouraging backyard breeders and such but at the same time, many cases are just chins that legitimately need better homes and my Roo came from a backyard breeder but is both incredibly healthy and was for the most part getting treated pretty well where he came from. I would certainly buy from a breeder in the future but I'm very happy with my boys now. :)

When I was first reading that ad I was like "well this isnt that bad." then I saw the pictures... I hope their next owner gives them a dust bath every once and while.

Is it just me or did anyone notice that those chins are OUTSIDE... Holy moly...

Back