Argh! Craigslist people!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they look like fur chewers :( poor things. and housing two genders together without being a well knowledged breeder........ tsk, tsk........

All I can say is WOW...

"I have one 3 yr old, large healthy female chinchilla who needs a new home. She was pair bonded to another chin and that chinchilla died today. She is lonely, and needs a new home with other chinchillas or someone who has older children who would love to play with her. She's a very dominant personality, and was definitely the leader. She's plump, pretty, and has a lovely coat. She's never been bred, but in my opinion would make a good candidate for breeding. There is mosaic in her family.

I am not asking alot for her, her well being is my primary concern, so the first 30 dollars will get her. 50 if you want a cage and water bottle too. She has been fed on a diet of fresh organic food.

OR, I will trade her for a ferret, (no cage necessary) or equivalent value in dog and/or cat food

You will have to come get her, or meet at a public place in Sharptown MD."

Looking for baby Chinchilla (Patchogue,NY)

I am looking to adopt a baby chinchilla. I am willing to pay an adoption fee. I have worked in a pet store for over 8 years, so I have a lot
of knowledge and experience. We never get in babies, plus I'd rather adopt before purchasing to help out.

Thank You

http://longisland.craigslist.org/pet/2387446036.html

Because everyone's received invaluable information about chins from pet stores, right? So sad. :(

It's because people see "chihuahua" instead of "chinchilla". I have had many people contact me asking me about the "chihuahua" I have for adoption.

It's because people see "chihuahua" instead of "chinchilla". I have had many people contact me asking me about the "chihuahua" I have for adoption.

Do you tell them they should go back to school and learn to read? :neener:

I guess people just read what they want to, huh? When we had German Shorthaired Pointer puppies for sales, we got so many calls about out "German Shepherd puppies".

Came across this today:
I have two chinchillas that I need to rehome. I do not have a cage to offer with them because I need to pass down their cage to my mother in law. One is a standard grey little girl. She is so sweet and I really wish I could find a good home for her. I have had so many interested that never came thru. She was born with a genetic defect. Basically, her privates were outside instead of inside. This is common in animals and has caused her no problems. It fell off but she can not ever have babies. I am trying to be honest with people here and I feel my honesty is holding her back from finding a good home. She is so sweet and loving. I really wished we could keep her but we just can't. She was born in August so she is about 9 months old. I am asking a $25 rehome fee for her just to make sure she goes to a good home. The other chinchilla is a really sweet, adorable white mosiac male. He turned a year old in January and he is just a big sweetheart. They have been kept together and I would prefer to keep them together but will seperate if need to. I am asking a $75 rehome fee for him but will take $75 for both if you take both.

Thanks!

I'm still trying to figure out what "private" parts were outside and why they fell off instead of being removed by a vet? Or how she ever survived? *scratching head*

I adopted all 4 of my chins from craigslist. Craigslist seems to me more of a rescue site these days for animals. Considered going to a breeder many times, however I just couldn't turn away from chins that PEOPLE GET AND CAN'T TAKE CARE OF THEM after 1 years old! It irritates me to the fullest. Sorry to say but if you can't commit to an animal for a life time than please please don't buy any. Pets are part of your family once you decide to bring them in your home. My 2 girls that I recently purchased basically were runty (looked like 6 months old instead 1 1/2 years old), bad fur, teeth were over grown and not to mention only chews on plastic! Although I worry that they may not live long due to the improper care for 1 1/2 years I still took them in. A month later of dust madness, hair brushing, they have fluffy fur. I put extra lava rocks, 2 big snack shacks, plenty of apple sticks and make sure their cage has no plastics, their teeth are perfect now. They are also looking more like 1 years old.
It's amazing how people treat animals, they may be cute and fluffy but they are living beings! Sorry had to post this.

i agree with Tagna. the snack shaks are incredibly full of sugar and are not good for a chin's digestive system or teeth.

so many products sold in stores are not safe. best to consult here before buying anything. even better, support our members that sell chin products!

Latest posts

Back