Anyone else with chihuahuas?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And, they are all terrified of the chins, so that's a great thing!

hehe my chihuahuas are afraid of everything. one hates being around anyone but my dad and the other wont even go for a walk because even an ant will scare her, but shes perfectly confident in our house. chihuahuas can be so weird :hmm:

my chi pup is only 5 months and I try not to make a big deal about anything with her, so she won't be scared of it. She was nervous around the vacuum cleaner, but is now pretty much ok with it. She was scared of the hair dryer, but has since learned it can provide her with warmth, lol. I just keep exposing her to things and she is getting better all the time.

Yep! The "Rule of Sevens" for puppies is soo important. Mine are becoming so tolerant with consistent exposure to everything.

Great pictures guys. I think these guys are one of the cutest puppies.

Chi puppies just kill me! I was looking through my girls' puppy pictures the other day...

CIMG4183.jpg

billroxsleep.jpg

Heather, OMG you got the chihuahua colors I've always wanted. I want a black/tan and my mom wants a chocolate but we couldnt find any around here.

We have 3 chihuahua though

Edit: Was showing these picture to my dad and he told me to close this post and never look at it again. lol

I'll try and post pictures of ours in a day or two.

Last edited:
I had to stop getting doggies! I have five, too...and I would love to have more because I find them to be so darling and so much fun, but I wouldn't get to sleep at night because I'd have to give those extra doggies attention sometime. The five that I have now are a lot of work...they're more work than probably 150 chins.

I just love them so much when they are puppies and so impossibly small with those little eyes and paws and itty bitty mouths. This is why I have to stay away from them. I won't go near puppies of any type anymore because I am very easily persuaded that I need another dog in my life. It's so hard to say no to any pup...or even older dogs. I think that I would end up getting a divorce if I brought home another dog!

A friend and I went to the Humane Society Boutique this summer in Phoenix to look for kitty cat toys for her cat. They had TWO little three month old chihuahua sisters up for adoption, all ready to go. It took all the strength I had to leave them there...one in particular, who loved me so much and wouldn't let me put her down and when I did she whined and broke my heart.

The people there said that I should adopt that little dog because she liked me so much and that her adoption fee was something like half price. After I put the little dog down I ran over and bought her a little pink doggy dress and put it on her...and watched her and how prancy she got. I should have taken pictures, but I couldn't bear to do it. Her new owner has a little doggy in a dress now and that was enough for me to turn away.

So, now you know how to really get at me. Chihuahua doggies are a huge weakness for me. Almost as much as chinchillas!

Heather, OMG you got the chihuahua colors I've always wanted. I want a black/tan and my mom wants a chocolate but we couldnt find any around here.

We have 3 chihuahua though

Edit: Was showing these picture to my dad and he told me to close this post and never look at it again. lol

I'll try and post pictures of ours in a day or two.

Hahaha, oh noo! I'm sorry :cheer: Get one!! Both my girls came from a breeder in Oregon, she doesn't breed pets anymore only show dogs. Show dog prices are NOT worth it!

Just kidding. I'd love to see pics!

Hahaha, oh noo! I'm sorry :cheer: Get one!! Both my girls came from a breeder in Oregon, she doesn't breed pets anymore only show dogs. Show dog prices are NOT worth it!

Just kidding. I'd love to see pics!

We got our pup from a breeder in Oregon, too. Umpqua Valley Kennels in Drain, Oregon. We live up by the border in WA so it was a very long drive, but so worth it!

I had to stop getting doggies! I have five, too...and I would love to have more because I find them to be so darling and so much fun, but I wouldn't get to sleep at night because I'd have to give those extra doggies attention sometime. The five that I have now are a lot of work...they're more work than probably 150 chins.

I just love them so much when they are puppies and so impossibly small with those little eyes and paws and itty bitty mouths. This is why I have to stay away from them. I won't go near puppies of any type anymore because I am very easily persuaded that I need another dog in my life. It's so hard to say no to any pup...or even older dogs. I think that I would end up getting a divorce if I brought home another dog!

A friend and I went to the Humane Society Boutique this summer in Phoenix to look for kitty cat toys for her cat. They had TWO little three month old chihuahua sisters up for adoption, all ready to go. It took all the strength I had to leave them there...one in particular, who loved me so much and wouldn't let me put her down and when I did she whined and broke my heart.

The people there said that I should adopt that little dog because she liked me so much and that her adoption fee was something like half price. After I put the little dog down I ran over and bought her a little pink doggy dress and put it on her...and watched her and how prancy she got. I should have taken pictures, but I couldn't bear to do it. Her new owner has a little doggy in a dress now and that was enough for me to turn away.

So, now you know how to really get at me. Chihuahua doggies are a huge weakness for me. Almost as much as chinchillas!

hehe when we got our pekingese she was actually nicknamed divorce procedings for a while because my dad refused to talked to my mom because she went behind his back and got her after he said no. but hes a softy and after a few days we caught him loving up on her :)) lol she still has a shirt that she wears when it gets cold out that says "home wrecker"

Back