Any other reptile lovers out there?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FutureDVM

Along with my furry critters I also own quite a few reptiles. Right now I have 4 crested geckos, 2 mourning geckos (and one egg waiting to hatch), 2 leopard geckos, a blue tongue skink, 2 ball pythons, 2 corn snakes, and a garter snake! Are there any other reptile lovers here on the forum? I have quite a few pictures I could share of my reptiles, but here are just a few. :)

Attachments

• DSC04392.jpg
    DSC04392.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 112
  • DSC04325.jpg
    DSC04325.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 103
  • DSC04312.jpg
    DSC04312.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 102
  • DSC04277.jpg
    DSC04277.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 104
  • Mocha7.jpg
    Mocha7.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 103
We have a bearded dragon, a tortoise and 2 niger uromastyxs along with the chinchillas, guinea pigs, rabbits, rats and can't forget the dogs and cats.

Reptile lover here, that has only recently begun to indulge!
I've got two crested geckos that are almost 7 months old. And when I get a bigger tank for the second one, I plan on getting a group of mourning geckos! Not allowed to have snakes yet, but will probably inherit my neighbors corn snake once I get my own place after vet school. I also plan on getting a wicked cool ball python morph as well! Maybe a sterling mojave or a crystal :)

Not a reptile, but I'm also waiting for 3 *blasted* tetras to die so I can take their 30+ gallon hex tank and turn it into a Mossy Frog palludarium.

i like the geckos, snakes not so much.. eek. i'd rather stay away from them ever since i almost stepped on a rattlesnake.. yeah needless to stay i'm like deathly afraid of them now. lol. i don't have any reptiles, i only have furbabies. i don't believe we'll ever have reptiles just cause i don't really know if i would want them in my house lol , my husband wants a koi fish pond though.

We have a young chameleon who is currently fighting very severe MBD. It's been very time consuming, but very rewarding. She is actually my daughter's cham, but I think will probably end up being mine as I've been caring for her for the last month and a half. With hand feedings, daily Calcium injections, baytril, subq fluids... we've become fairly close, lol. We're currently working on getting her to eat on her own again. Her bones were so bad that only her skull and spine showed up calcified on the xray. :( She's so strong and brave, Elizadot put it best when she said she's quite the little life force.

I never thought I could love a lizard like something furry, but Pascal is wonderful, she has character, has antics, does naughty things, but even after injections she won't hesitate to climb up me with her crooked little legs... and that is true love there.

Will I get another after she is gone? I don't know, but while she's here I love her dearly.

I don't usually promote pet stores, but we got her at PetSmart, and they backed everything up after the associate recommended the wrong light set up causing her MBD.
They refunded us for her, offered to replace her with a new one if we wished, and have committed to paying all of her vet bills, luckily everything we're doing now is at home. I can honestly say I'm very impressed.

I've only had Garder snakes I kept as a kid. I would go out and catch them early in the summer, keep them for a bit and then release them again. Looking back, it was probably highly stressful on the animals and I would not do it anymore, but it was fun at the time since the Pacific Red-Sided ones are so laid back.

I have wanted a blue tongue skink forever. I think they are awesome. Currently, I am a one lizard household with my beardie Yoshi. :)

i used to have a lizard and she had 2 eggs that didnt hatch i always wanted something to hatch :( and i hate snakes with a passion

we have little baby skinks that run around our apartment complex. my husband tried catching one, yeah didnt work.. lol

i'm not a current rep/herp lover, but i had a ball python from grade 5 up til 1997. I was the only kid in school with a snake, and would take him for walks around the neighbourhood on really warm days wrapped around my neck. the kids that lived by me thought i was crazy and pretty darn cool, all at the same time. lol! I named him Regius, part of his latin species name :))

unfortunately, Regius passed away when i was 16. he stopped eating and the vet couldn't figure out what the problem was. i still miss my lil scaled walking buddy, but i don't think i'd get another. i even bred my own mice for him, so that i could control the quality of what he ate. my mom hated the fact that there was a snake in the house, especially when he got out of his tank and my mom found him in the bathroom in the middle of the night. nothing like a midnight potty break, half asleep, and there's a snake behind the toilet, eh? :D

I love herps! Can't have any right now while I'm in school and have the chinchillas, a cat, two dogs and the rats...but one day I will get some again. I absolutely loved our crested geckos and our pygmy leaf chameleons. I am a severe snake lover though and that is my "go-to" herp whenever I'm craving some scaley attention, lol. We always had ball pythons when I was growing up and even bred some Jackson chameleons. Had a mali uromastyx, veiled chameleons, green tree snake, and then lots of amphibians. I miss them, but until I have more time to devote to my home life, I won't be getting anymore animals.

Beardie here! Hubby wants a snake in the worst way... In time!

I've always wanted a snake, but I haven't researched them enough to actually get one yet. I've always had pet frogs since oh, age 5? But frogs obviously don't count as reptiles. Still, I admire anyone who has reptiles as pets!

I love herps and inverts too! I don't have any herps atm, but I am getting a couple tarantulas within the next couple weeks and I'm attending a herp world expo in November, so I'm probably going to be coming home with something random from there haha.

Those are some great pictures of some really cool herps! Although I must say that I don't like how he's free-handling those venomous snakes.

all of the venomous snakes have had their venom removed. They can still inflict a serious bite, but without venom. He has admitted that he has been bitten on several occasions!

Oh, and he did warn us to never pinch-grab a venomous snake behind the head like the pros do. The snake can still turn his head and get a venomous fang into you.

all of the venomous snakes have had their venom removed. They can still inflict a serious bite, but without venom. He has admitted that he has been bitten on several occasions!

Oh, and he did warn us to never pinch-grab a venomous snake behind the head like the pros do. The snake can still turn his head and get a venomous fang into you.

I don't really want to get into a debate about this, but venomoid snakes (the term used for snakes with their venom glands removed), IMO should still be treated as if they are fully venomous. To me, it's just completely irresponsible and stupid to free handle those snakes. And furthermore, I don't think he should be doing so in front of an audience full of children. Even if he says "don't try this at home", I don't think he's setting a very good example for the kids. If he has admitted to being bitten several times, you would think he'd learn how to properly handle them...

Back