Any hockey fans? Look at my painting! :-)

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aznmexaggie

Chinchilla Chateau
I dabbled in art a lot as a kid but never actually took an art class. Well, I finally decided to take an art class and just have to show off my first painting. It was a pixelation project where I had a grid of 2304 squares (on a 2 foot by 2 foot board). I also had to grid out a 12" x 12" picture from which I had to mix the predominant color in each square and paint it onto my board.

Here are some pictures of the progression and my palettes. :p

3_1-1.jpg

5_1-1.jpg

4_1-1.jpg

2_1-1.jpg

I chose my favorite hockey player for this project... anyone know who it is?

I don't have a clue who it is Sumiko, not being a hockey fan, but darn good job on the painting anyway.

It's a Sharks guy, right? And the "C" on the sweater means captain but I couldn't tell you the guy's name. Husband is an Avalanche fan-- sorry! But the painting is awesome, really interesting technique.

Very nice! I'm most definitely a hockey fan, my fiance plays and coaches high school hockey.

Although I'm not a sharks fan, I like either the Pens or Detroit.

Don't know the player either but you did a great job on your art piece.
All I know about hockey is that my town, Chi Town's Blackhawks just won the Stanley Cup :D!

You guys are killing me! It's Patrick Marleau! It's actually an older picture because he wasn't captain this year... but anyway, he's one of my favorites on the Sharks.

I know you already said it, but I know! I know! Patrick Marleau! It threw me for a second because my mind did immediately jump to Blake because of the C. Yep, this house is definitely
05-05-0520Sharks20Territory.jpg

P.S. Nice painting! You're lucky I'm not dropping the chins off with you, otherwise I may have had to steal it ;)

Real nice - but now ya gotta do one of the Blackhawks - holding the Stanley Cup!!

Blackhawks fan here since the days of Stan Makita and Tony Esposito. But I must say what an excellent painting. You certainly have a lot of talent. I'm very impressed. :clap1:

I'm not really a hockey fan, but it's a Chicago team, and they did win it all!
I was young when they last won it, and do remember the celebration.

haha I got the team right, but i would never have guess the guys name. We root for the ducks here, even though everyone else roots for the Canucks!

Back