a cheesy pic!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinniecrew

<---chins in a jar
Here is Cinder, who is a new mom, with Lizzie, my cat! They love to pose for the camera!! And before anyone says anything, the blue dustbath was in there only because it was bath time and is not a permanent fixture in the cage.

DSC00624-1.jpg

The cat isn't normally allowed in my chin room but that night she happened to sneak in when I was trying to take pics of Cinder's babies. I removed her as soon as the pic was taken.

Cute chinnies.

I would also be concerned about the cat. One scratch and the cat can pass a deadly bacteria to the chins known as pasturella.

I actually saw what pasturella does in humans after a cat bite on another forum, and it's really very horrid.

Probably better to be safe than sorry and keep the cat in a separate room at all times.

Sweet pic. The cat looks proud. ( laughs ) I actually have an ancient cat who loves one of my chins. And Little Dude likes the cat too. I am always around when he is out during play time. The cat pretends ( once in a blue moon to swipe him ) but Little Dude has never been hurt. Now the other cats I have would kill a chin in a second. They have to remain outside the gated play area when Little Dude and our cat WB ( Walnut Brain ) are together. My ancient cat just lays around. And Little Dude does a "hit and run."

Yes, I believe it is Cassi. Airborne and contact - so it can be contracted through bites/scratches as well.

Latest posts

Back