2013 ECBC National Show - March 1-3, 2013 Denver, CO

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you everyone so much for making this such a successful show! Thank you to the Suhrs for doing the initial hotel scouting and finding such a great location, the Beitzes for bringing the show equipment and setup/breakdown, our WONDERFUL all-female judges panel: Maxine Lynch, Sue Kiseskey, and Donna Read for doing such a great job and giving such detailed comments, Gary Neubauer for being our entertaining Master of Ceremonies/Awards Official, to Dan Jensen, Mark Miller, Ruby Hickman and Maynard for handling animals, to Maynard, Merritts, La Paloma, and Smiths for their live animal donations, to Ashleigh Powell for helping with ribbons and cleanup, Nan Ebiner and Nicole Galliano for helping with ribbons, to Taras for assembling the trophies, Maxine and Therese for the beautiful chinchilla rose pin favors, Tabitha for handling the show books and advertisements, and Therese for organizing the banquet and being there every step of the way. Thank you all SO MUCH. We appreciate all your support.

Every single person in this list deserves a great thank you for helping produce another great national show! It was great that this was the FIRST time we had an all female judging panel!

BUT... there is one very important person who deserves much respect and appreciation... Ms. Sumiko De La Vega. Without her and hall of her hard work this show would not have worked! So a special thanks to our fearless leader Sumiko and her sidekick Therese ( JavaChin, you have to be the side kick this time, sorry!)

Every single person in this list deserves a great thank you for helping produce another great national show! It was great that this was the FIRST time we had an all female judging panel!

BUT... there is one very important person who deserves much respect and appreciation... Ms. Sumiko De La Vega. Without her and hall of her hard work this show would not have worked! So a special thanks to our fearless leader Sumiko and her sidekick Therese ( JavaChin, you have to be the side kick this time, sorry!)

The show was great. We were able to meet new people. I finally was able to put a name (Riven, Nicole) with a face. Nicole said it the best that everyone on the list, plus Sumiko and Therese did a wonderful job.

The 1st chin I ever sold back in December took a 1st for black velvets.

Congrats to all the winners.

I hope someone took pictures. I would love to see some of the animals (and people) that I was not able to see in person.

Sounds like I missed an awesome show. Good job to everyone who organized it and thanks for posting the results. One question, who won the raffle animals and the teddy bear?

Oh, it WAS awesome!!! I've been to the last 3 Nationals and this one was FABULOUS!!! It was almost as good as last year's California Show, which, coincidently, was also put on by the Cali Girls!!!

Kudos to the next generation of chinchilla ranchers!!! The future of this business is in THEIR hands, and they are very capable of taking on the challenge!!!

Again, congratulations to EVERYONE who participated in any way in this show!!! Well done!!! :clap: :clap:

:)

This is one my mom took of me and Jerry the white CC (bad idea to stand under show lights! they are very bright and made me squint a bit!!:facepalm:)

{Mark M. was caught in the background of that picture, sorry Mark!}

dd108462-43c8-45a2-9f9a-15e79ec1788d_zpsa23f10c4.jpg

So many CA members who couldn't attend bought animal drawing and teddy bear raffle tickets to support the show and I guess it paid off! The La Paloma female was won by Cornelia Kern, Shahna Thomas won the Bob Smith female and Merritt female, and Therese won the standard male donated by Maynard Beitz. Danny Miller won the teddy bear raffle. Congrats and thanks for supporting your group! :)

I personally didn't have time to take pics except at the "Bill Booker shave-off" but a couple people took a lot of pictures and will probably post or send them to me. I'm still on the road... just passed Salt Lake City...

Here are my photo's of the haircut/'shave'. The first 20 or so of my photo's I believe I was the only one taking pictures? Not sure but here is what I got, you have to start from the bottom and work your way up! not sure why they downloaded backwards.

http://s15.beta.photobucket.com/user/sailordragon87/library/ECBC NATIONAL HAIRCUT

password is: ecbc2013

Sumiko, I figured this would be easier then sending ~68 photos to you.

Some pictures:

Attachments

• IMG_5330.jpg
    IMG_5330.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_5333.jpg
    IMG_5333.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_5380.jpg
    IMG_5380.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_5387.jpg
    IMG_5387.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_5377.jpg
    IMG_5377.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 24
Some more...after going through some of these, I didn't realize til now that I didn't take many photos. We were too busy!

Attachments

• IMG_5388.jpg
    IMG_5388.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_5389.jpg
    IMG_5389.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_5390.jpg
    IMG_5390.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_5391.jpg
    IMG_5391.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_5392.jpg
    IMG_5392.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 21
Ah okay, I wasn't sure because I was sitting at the table with Bill when the beard trimming began so I didn't know if someone got it from another view. I'm sure others have better more close-up pictures but those were what I had.

Okay, finally getting around to pics. There are lots, so this will take awhile.

Taras screwing on the chinnie toppers
Nationals2013253_zps657b673c.jpg

Lynn and her stuffed chinnie:
Nationals2013260_zpscdf4e19c.jpg

Pelts
Nationals2013262_zps8b7f55d0.jpg

Nationals2013264_zpsd703e988.jpg

Nationals2013266_zps3394dbb6.jpg

More pelts:
Nationals2013267_zps0ad1bee5.jpg

Sumiko grooming
Nationals2013272_zpsff0068fb.jpg

Therese getting the excel spreadsheet going
Nationals2013274_zps7d923749.jpg

Margot and Gary Neubauer of La Paloma
Nationals2013279_zpsf4cf1aeb.jpg

Linda Clark preparing her pelts
Nationals2013281_zps36b48e0e.jpg

Ranchers grooming. I think there are seven ranches represented here
Nationals2013283_zps08759245.jpg

The judges and the MC. Left to right: Donna Read, Sue Kisesky, Maine Lynch, Gary Neubauer
Nationals2013284_zpsccbe1870.jpg

Comparing pelts
Nationals2013295_zps4f2df82f.jpg

The audience
Nationals2013297_zps19874424.jpg

Class Champs in pelts ready to be judged
Nationals2013301_zps2e853ac3.jpg

Latest posts

Back