2012 Atlantic Chapter Show - State College, PA! April 13th-14th

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have not picked what we want to donate yet, but are excited to be a part of this, Misha I have not received a response as of yet, is there still room for me as a vendor? Thanks.

Sorry, Shop! I thought I had responded! Yes, I have you down for a table. =) I'll put you on the website this week, too!

Thanks Misha, I know that you are running around going crazy getting this thing ready. I can't wait this will be our first show, and I am taking the whole family. Trying to convince one of the kiddos to be the cage handlers, but we shall see.

So excited

Hi, I plan on coming up from Virginia. It will be my first show. I am also bringing my mother. She and my dad thought I was crazy when I got my first chin but she has really gotten involved over the last year a half. She is great with a sewing machine and has made me four sets of fleece liners for each of my cages as well as blankets for my two chihuahuas. She also made me some hammocks. My dad also helped me make shelves. Funny how such a small animal can inspire all the people in your life. I have been very lucky to have parents who are always willing to help even though I have been away from home for over 10 years. Any advice on what to expect would be welcome.

MRH if you going to show an animal you'll want to be there during the grooming time and fill out your paperwork. If not I would skip it only because you'll be sitting around doing nothing really.

When grooming time is finished a time is set to start classification by the judge. He groups them to the colors/ages/sex and after that the show begins. Bring a pen. Sit back and enjoy the show. Do take part in the lunch they provide its always good. And of course bring some cash. Never know when you may want to buy something. There is going to be gift raffles and we do a 50/50.

Okay Mish I finally have my items for the raffle. You can use the photo or I can send you a copy of the same photo.

My raffle is"make your own" rocket pop coolers. No recipes in the box. However I did look online and found many. From fruit pops to adult pops and many kid friendly ones. Like the good ole Kool Aide pops.

Also a glass bead bracelet that is ocean themed. Sea horse and little star fish. And nice crystals that glitter. It expands to fit most wrists.
See you all in a few weeks.

Attachments

• raffle 001.jpg
    raffle 001.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 13
does the item we donate for the raffle have to be chinchilla items or can it be anything?

It can be anything ChinnieShop.

Some bring
chin treat basket
wine, chips and nuts basket
bath and body lotion kit
handmade jewelry
chinchilla plaques, framed photos
blankets
fleece kits
supplements
50lbs bleu cloud dust
feed
Mish actually make a beautiful chinchilla cake once if not twice.

so yes anything really

I'm pretty sure Mish painted the awesome painting that hangs above my desk with my ranch brand certificate too. :)

Mish - let me know if you want one of my ebony boys for the raffle. I have three who are looking awesome and they can't all stay; someone would enjoy winning one I think.

Dee, if you're willing to donate one, we'd be thrilled to have one! (I'm giving free full page ads to anyone who donates an animal). Let me know if you're certain and I'll put it up on the website!

Alex, that bracelet is beautiful! I'll get that photo up soon as well!

mrh, what to expect depends on if you're planning on showing or not? If you are, I can give you a better answer on how to prep and what needs to be done the day of the show. If you're just coming to enjoy the show - I've found that coming a little early to look at all the chins before classification starts is exciting. Pick a few out you like, write their cage numbers down and see how they do during the show. The raffle table is going to be amazing, we usually start calling out winners after lunch. Lunch is potluck for the most part, though there will be pulled pork provided. But everyone always brings some tasty dishes and amazing desserts! ChinnieShop will be there to sell items, I'm hoping to line up a few other vendors as well.

This is going to be such an awesome show. =)

Last edited:
I'm certain, Mish. Don't know which of the three it will be just yet, but I am certainly willing to donate one!

Guess I need to start playing around with an ad now! lol

I'm so excited. I love this show.

I didn't plan to show as I just have pets that I do not really have any background on and have never groomed before. A friend of mine does have a kit that just made the cut off for the baby durby, November 26th, and she was wondering if i could bring him. If I got my mother to make some fleece items would I be able to get a table as a vendor? Also, I sell pearl jewelry Vantel Pearls, could I donate something for the auction?

Martin's Cages just confirmed with me this morning that not only are they going to donate a chinchilla cage to our raffle, but they will also be there as a vendor! They would like me to let everyone know that they are happy to accept pre-orders for pickup at the show (save on shipping!), but need the orders at least a week beforehand.

Mish, got the quilt ALMOST done...it's going to be chocolate brown front with a light tan backing...there are 5 chinchilla silhouettes running, staggered, from top to bottom on the left side (they're a striped pattern of beiges/tans/browns) and "MCBA" from top to bottom on the right side. The striped pattern is also used for the outer edging...very nice. Anyhow, just as soon as it's finished I will get a picture so those out of state can enter the raffle as well? I assume you don't have to be present to win?

Yes, you have to be present to win. We've only ever sold tickets at the show, not over the internet, though that might be an idea for the future. But it might be too complicated, most of the donations are decided on last minute and brought to the show the day of, so the out-of-state people would not know what to put their tickets toward.

Perhaps, BUT...for those that DO know what they're donating and have pics to you within a week or so...people from out of state could buy tickets and it'd bring in more money AND give those who have to miss the show a chance to support their chapter and potentially win a nice prize :) it's a thought! Ah well, something to consider.

Yes, you have to be present to win. We've only ever sold tickets at the show, not over the internet, though that might be an idea for the future. But it might be too complicated, most of the donations are decided on last minute and brought to the show the day of, so the out-of-state people would not know what to put their tickets toward.

But But! I wanna buy raffle tickets towards Juanita's gorgeous blanket!!! Stupid exams on Friday afternoons *grumble grumble*

Hello Mishalaa,

I was still thinking about the donations, I may have more, but does a 50 pound bag of manna sho formula sound ok as a prize? If so put me down for one of those to give at the raffle.

I suppose we could easily set up advance purchase tickets for some of the for sure items, but for some things that can't easily or cheaply be shipped, such as Shop's 50lb bag of feed, or the chinchilla cage from Martin's, or the live animals... I dunno, I'll run it by the board and see if they have any ideas.

Shop, bags of feed are always useful! I'll list it on the website tonight.

Latest posts

Back