2012 Atlantic Chapter Show - State College, PA! April 13th-14th

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mish - I can donate a crocheted throw/blanket like the one I made for the Ohio Claim Show if you want for the Raffle. Any preferences for colors?

Nicole Lemler won the last one I made - I think she liked it.

Yes I would say she(Nicole) likes it. She uses it often and is using it right now.

Good to hear Kyle, I hope she is nice and toasty and reading a good book! :)

I have two blankets finished right now Mish, one is the charcoal grays and the other is a mixture of browns and blues. I will try to get pictures of them tomorrow when the light is better and let you pick which one you want for your raffle. I will donate the other one for Nationals.

Thanks much! Intend to get it printed, filled out and mailed in the morning. One less thing to worry about AT the show. BEFORE the show is bad enough! I'm prepping anything currently over 3mos for the show...will be bringing SOMETHING for raffle (still debating on what specifically) and need to have the desserts I promised figured out...PLUS I want to have my membership renewed and my entry form filled out in advance...AND on top of everything there's the cages and whanot to consider from your place ;) gonna be a busy next few months! We shall see, I'm gonna make it but it's gonna take some doing!

Blanket for Raffle

Okay Mish, here are some pictures that I took. I am no photographer by any means and I did the best that I could but none of the pics truly capture the color of either blanket due to the variation in the yarns and the weave of the stitch (basketweave pattern) - not to mention my lack of skill.

Like I said, I have the brown/blue combo and the black/gray combo done so you can pick whichever one you prefer for your raffle. I am not 100% sure I will be attending your show but if not, I will bring to MCBA Nationals and give it to you there. To complicate matters further, I took pictures of the yarn that I have for the next blanket that I will make in the same pattern. It is a lighter color so if you prefer that one, I will have time to complete that one as well. Just let me know you preference and I will reserve whichever one you like for the Atlantic Show.

This is the yarn for the lighter colored blanket I can do:

Attachments

• DSC_0255.jpg
    DSC_0255.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC_0256.jpg
    DSC_0256.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 9
A few more, I think these two pics are the closest to true color. Sorry I couldn't get all pics in one post:

Attachments

• DSC_0267.jpg
    DSC_0267.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC_0268.jpg
    DSC_0268.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 18
They are really heavy and thick due to the stitch, it is almost as though you have a double blanket, but I use really soft yarn. I have made one for my husband and all of my kids, have made them for several friends and relatives and several raffles...one of these days I will get around to making one for myself! :)

Well Juanita, looks like the gray one it is! =) May I use your photo for our website?

Also, all trophies have now been sponsored! Thank you so much to all the donors! =)

Okay Mish - you have the gray one. Feel free to use the photo. Do you want me to e-mail it to you or can you download it from here?

Mish-

I'm going to donate a standard male or beige female. I'm going to wait and see how they do at nationals. I wanna give you at least a first place animal.

I will absolutely be at this show - I never miss it, and State College is only 3 hours from me! Woo! I don't necessarily have to stay the weekend - probably will, but don't have to! And it's the easiest drive ever, for PA!

Juanita, I was able to save it off of here. Thanks much! I will get it up on the website this week!

Jess, either way, thanks so much!

So glad you're coming, Dee. I really hope the new location works out for everyone. =)

Back