2010 Southern Unit of the Ohio Branch ECBC Show - Statesville, NC

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know if there were breeder awards? I know the show didn't have enough to make it sanctioned, but I know most shows have breeder award points.

Well I am finally home from the show! It has been a reeeeally long weekend. But overall it was fun and it was great seeing everyone again, as well as meeting new faces! I can't complain too much about how my chins did at the show, as I did have 2 standards that were on the final table, one placing a reserve class champ, and another at third best of class. I do have a few pictures from the show here.

great time

I had a great time at the show. I didn't realize how much work went into doing the whole thing, but it was worth it and I can't wait for our next one. My standard took a lowly 4th, so he goes back into my cage of 'thumb twiddlers' and will remain there with the other boys. I love the new chins & purchased and thank you so much to the Shoots, Randy and Lee for selling them to me. I have already put them to work and will hopefully have something nice to bring to the next show.

I had a great time!

I had the Champ Eb girl who took 3rd best of show (YAY my first trophy!)

my black took a 2nd

whites- 2 3rds, 1 2nd (they were 3mo old so Ill take it!) - Ralph is actually holding up one of my kits to demonstrate how bright she is in the pic with cage 82

one 3rd on my eb kit who is a light eb/eb carrier - said she was a good breeding tool but her color just didn't show well.

and one 4th on my white male, but he took a 1st when I showed him at 6mo and I did get him out of breeding that morning, so I am not too worried.

Overall I was pleased and agreed with the comments. I am thinking of reshowing my eb at MI and showing the lovely standard female I got from Ralph. I can't wait to show my 3mo kits again and see if they do better in a few months.

breeder points

As for the breeder points, I was at the table with Barbara learning how to keep track of scoring. I know that we did add up the breeder points at the end. I'm not familiar with the breeder point process to know what happens to them from there, but breeder points were added up on the sheets.

Cheryl

Breeder Awards

No actual awards were given but we had intended to give credit to the first 3 placings, but due to a mixup, this didn't happen. The first 3 placings are:

1st - Jags (21 entries) 143 pts.
2nd - Therese Carr (10 entries) 51 pts.
3rd - Lee Musselwhite (15 entries) 50 pts.

Great job to All!!

Cheryl Van Luvender
Secretary - Southern Unit of Ohio Branch ECBC

Congratulations on your first show. They are a lot of work, but also a lot of fun. Now you're old hands at this, start planning the next one. I wish we could have come, but our Heartland show is this weekend. Congrats again.:thumbs:

I am old and do not remember as well as I used to but I think there were only two first place animals in that class, champion and reserve.

Latest posts

Back