Your chins' favorite treat item(s)?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your #1 chinchilla treat?

• rose hips -please specify crushed or whole

Votes: 19 18.8%
  • sticks -please specify type

Votes: 40 39.6%
  • willow balls

Votes: 13 12.9%
  • cookies -please specify

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • other -please specify

Votes: 38 37.6%

• Total voters

Rebecca

That one bookworm girl...
I just got a paycheck and Jack and Edmund are being particularly adorable today. This combination adds up to me wanting to buy them some sort of special treat (currently they've only been exposed to Cheerios and a shred of raisin after hair ring checks). I was just wondering what some of the tried and tested favorites are?

I voted for other because I give old fashioned oat meal or unsweetened mini wheats and wood chews. You don't have to pay a lot for healthy chin treats.

You can feed 1/3 teaspoonful of uncooked old fashioned oat meal (very important - not quick cook or instant oat meal) per day. Or you can feed 1/2 unsweeted mini (spoon sized) wheat per day. And you can give wood chews whenever you feel like it as a treat. :groovy:

I ordered three willow balls and three willow stars and Binx destroyes them in minutes. I am saving some for next months.
He also loves the cottonwood twigs, but I have yet to try other woods with him. :) He loves chewing off the bark.

Hands down their weekend treat is Oats, crushed rosehips and acidopholus or Lifeline.

They go nuts except for Gabby I have to leave the rosehips out, she will not eat them.

My group seem to like applewood here. Freddy won't touch rosehips and will cuss them out if I put one in his cage. Sadie will eat them very willingly. Daphne is hit or miss. They all enjoy their applewood though.

Apple sticks. But in all honesty my chins with destroy everything. Loofah, willow, grape vine, lava bites, rosehips, mini wheats. I have two expert chewers.

Apple sticks! Though two of them will chew the bark off of them and be done with them. One will nibble a little more. My chin Dash though, I give him the ones with no bark from my other chins. He will take it and chew it clean in half. It is so funny because he always has these barbel shaped sticks in his cage. haha.

Anyway they love apple sticks...well the bark on them anyway!

Apple sticks! Though two of them will chew the bark off of them and be done with them. One will nibble a little more. My chin Dash though, I give him the ones with no bark from my other chins. He will take it and chew it clean in half. It is so funny because he always has these barbel shaped sticks in his cage. haha.

Anyway they love apple sticks...well the bark on them anyway!

Yeah ours love the bark most of all too.

2 of my boys like rose hips over anything else. They don't seem to care whether they are crushed or whole.

The other two like cookies and oats. I've gotten cookies from Carise and Alli on here.

Crash is nuts for rose hips (whole right now, but I'm ordering crushed ones next time since he doesn't like the fuzzy stuff). Cervantes likes his shredded wheat square halves, but both of them go psycho for Kelly's dipped treats & Chin Thins.

My girls LOVE their Cheerios! They always get one in the morning before I leave for work, and short of free playtime and cuddle time (for Carmen), I think it's the best part of their day! :)

Oats here! If mine hear the oat jar move, the are jumping around the cage like starving wild animals lol it is funny.

They also love their wood though too.

I guess their favorite is the Ryerson's supplement but I still voted for sticks (apple and pear being the preferred) since the sticks aren't part of a daily routine.

Latest posts

Back