• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Chins-N-Hedgies and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wood & Treats

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The shop has a saturday hold on mail, has had it since 1988 since its not open, wonder where he left the notice since it was not here. PO won't let me pick it up without the notice so if it goes back let me know and I will repay the shipping.

The tracking info says this: You may arrange redelivery by visiting www.usps.com/redelivery or calling 800-ASK-USPS. I tried the www link but it didn't work - you mgiht try calling the 800 # and see if they will redeliver - No sense in paying more shipping...

Ronda

Medium box sticks is approximately 5 to 6 lbs. A large box is approx 7 lbs. If you order twigs then a medium box will hold approx 5 lbs. Yes, I do have pink pussy willow available.

Dawn ~ any news on the package?

Ronda

Medium box sticks is approximately 5 to 6 lbs. A large box is approx 7 lbs. If you order twigs then a medium box will hold approx 5 lbs. Yes, I do have pink pussy willow available.

Dawn ~ any news on the package?

Ronda

Is it on your site? Maci loved the couple sample pieces you sent with the last order.

Hi Ronda, I just have a few questions. So far, apple wood has been my chinchillas favorite, they haven't cared for Pear. Which small wood sampler would you recommend? Do chinchillas who love apple tend to like other certain woods? I'm looking at your site now and I'm like a kid in a candy store. :p Also, could you do a flat rate Medium or Large of apple and if so, how much? I'm not looking for any fancy cut wood or toys, just twigs and maybe sticks. Thanks!

I didn't realize you couldn't edit a post after 10 minutes, I was going to edit my post because I back skimmed the thread. I see you do flat rate, could I get a quote for apple sticks on both boxes?

Ronda

I sent you an email with what I am wanting. So I will do a large flat rate box with 5lbs apple and like 2lbs pussy willow. oh but wait I wont have room for my other things I ordered, lol. Ok just tell me what you can do! And give me a quote to 41051.

Hi Ronda, I just have a few questions. So far, apple wood has been my chinchillas favorite, they haven't cared for Pear. Which small wood sampler would you recommend? Do chinchillas who love apple tend to like other certain woods? I'm looking at your site now and I'm like a kid in a candy store. :p Also, could you do a flat rate Medium or Large of apple and if so, how much? I'm not looking for any fancy cut wood or toys, just twigs and maybe sticks. Thanks!

You can do the rainbow sampler to get a sample of all the different woods. Willow and cottonwood seem to be favorites but I do sell a lot of all the other woods too. I think the slowest is poplar but maybe because I didn't have it on my site for quite a while and though I did.

My chins like all the wood scraps they get from me. As far as apple goes I think most chins like it the best and some seem to change their preferences from season to season - probably because the wood was harvested at different times of the year with different sap flow.

Yes, I do mainly flat rate but will do some UPS too if you want larger quantities. Once you order 20 to 30 lbs or so you can get cheaper rates through UPS than the post office. I can't quote that until I pack the box and put the weight and measurements into the UPS calculator.

I can build a box for you if you give me a budget - otherwise I can go a bit crazy and get a lot of wood in these boxes. Ask others who have made that mistake!!!

Ronda

Hi Ronda,

I just placed an order through your website for a sampler box. I can't wait to see what my little guy thinks of the new wood. Thank you for provider a sampler box as an option. :)

You can do the rainbow sampler to get a sample of all the different woods. Willow and cottonwood seem to be favorites but I do sell a lot of all the other woods too. I think the slowest is poplar but maybe because I didn't have it on my site for quite a while and though I did.

My chins like all the wood scraps they get from me. As far as apple goes I think most chins like it the best and some seem to change their preferences from season to season - probably because the wood was harvested at different times of the year with different sap flow.

Yes, I do mainly flat rate but will do some UPS too if you want larger quantities. Once you order 20 to 30 lbs or so you can get cheaper rates through UPS than the post office. I can't quote that until I pack the box and put the weight and measurements into the UPS calculator.

I can build a box for you if you give me a budget - otherwise I can go a bit crazy and get a lot of wood in these boxes. Ask others who have made that mistake!!!

Ronda

Is it a better deal to just pick 4? The small wood sampler box gives you 280-450 twigs, does the rainbow box only give you about 70? I might be reading that wrong. Also, are the sticks easy to identify so I know which they like best? I've always wanted to venture outside of apple, so I'm probably more excited than my chins right now. :p

The only way I've ever purchased wood is by flat rate boxes, not pounds, so I'm not sure how to mentally compare. I've purchased numerous Medium flat rate boxes for about $40 (with hanging toys and sticks) and a Large flat rate box for $70 (sticks/twigs, 6 hanging toys, and homemade treats). For now I'll just stick with a sample box, then once I figure out what they love best, order a huge box.

Also, I want to get a treat sampler, can I replace the Papaya and Goji Berries with extra rosebuds or oat blend? Will it be the same price?

Thank you!

Back