Win 7 frustration

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nancy

Hooked on Hogs
I recently upgraded to Win 7 and am ready to get rid of it. I am computer illiterate so don't know if I'm the problem or win7. Some of my programs tell me I have to install while logged in as administrator. Well I am yet they still don't work. Every time I try to start the program it says I must be logged in as admin. I AM!!!!!!!!

Even though I have Win7 drivers for my printer, all it does is print off page after page of gibberish and a friend of mine had the same thing happen with her printer.

Has anyone had any luck with Win7. Many of my programs are older but they worked just fine on Vista. I've fought with this for a month and am ready to go back to Vista.

I feel ya. I too have switched to 7 and it's driving me crazy. The computers at my school have also switched and it takes an hour to go through notes when it usually only takes 30 minutes. It keeps having to convert every slide. It's really annoying.

Why am I not surprised that people have had problems? This is why I still run XP on mine. I don't even like Vista.

I haven't had any of those problems with Windows 7 - the only problem I have is that Firefox is a 32 bit program and the version of 7 I have is 64 bit. Sooooo, when I first got Windows 7 and before FF did an update, I had random browser crashes at least 5 times a day. I haven't had that happen since the last FF update. And FF says they're working on a 64 bit program, just don't know when it'll be released.

I've run all sorts of different programs - no problems at all. I didn't even have problems with my HP 7580 all-in-one printer other than at first, the software for the scanner wasn't compatible (even though it was in Vista) and the only way to scan with my printer was using Paint, but now HP has the full software and driver update for Win 7 available on their site for download.

Did you upgrade to Win 7 or is it a new comp with Win 7 on it?

My Win7 professional 32 bit is an upgrade from Vista Business. I was wondering if that could be the problem but if so there is no solution that I can see other than getting rid of Win7 and going back to Vista. I've been trying since Christmas to get thing installed and as of now, I see nothing good enough in Win 7 to make me want to keep it and all it's issues.

My HP printer installed no problem but my Ricoh Aficio which is a business size and quality printer will not work.

I don't understand why it keeps telling me I have to be logged on as administrator when I already am.

Nancy, I've had issues with win 7. I was really starting to like Win 7. It is a lot faster than Vista. But then I started to run into odd errors with Adobe products. Thankfully when I installed win 7 I did it on a separate partition. I have both vista and win 7 installed and can switch between the two.

Win7 is new software and because it is, I fully expected to see some issues. I'm sticking with Vista for a while, mostly because the errors in Adobe were causing major problems with some work I do... probably until they release the first service pack.

I am using Win & Home premium 64-bit.

Adobe is another thing I forgot. I'm having issues with it too. I bought a new camcorder and the software that came with it could not be installed either. It seems like one thing after another.

I totally understand it being a new program complete with bugs but some of the things I am trying to install are simple little programs that I don't think should be causing just issues.

I'll go back to Vista until they get the bugs ironed out.

My Adobe products installed, as far as I can tell, ok. But certain features (like printing to PDF from InDesign) wouldn't work! The program just sat there. To work around it, I saved the file, rebooted to Vista and printed the file to send it for proofing. When I went to edit the file, I found issues with the fonts that were not there before. Needless, I started over with the file in Vista and won't go back for a while.

It could be a problem with Adobe not fully supporting Win 7 yet too, but either way it isn't helpful.

I gave up on Win7 and installed Vista back on the laptop. I hadn't used Vista much prior to upgrading to Win7 and I'm finding Vista to not be a whole lot better than Win7. Although there seem to be more programs that I can install on it, it seems to have issues with many of them. The weather network that has never given me a problem, gives me constant error messages. Microsoft Outlet which I use for all my mail has decided it will no longer send gmail. I get random error messages that I have no clue what the issue is. Drives me insane and if XP wasn't now 2 operating systems old, I'd put it back in. XP worked great.

I actually like the google desktop but it quit working and there is no way I can get it back. I think a virus hit it because I downloaded an aquarium scene and everything disappeared as it was installing. I have uninstalled everything and put it back and when I turn on the computer it flashes as everything is loading so I know it is still there but I can't get it to show.

And they say computers are getting more user friendly. HA!!!!!!

Back