WI MCBA Regional Show

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, my gosh, Kristie, you got Gene to post!!!! Congratulations!!! Well done, well done! :rofl:

Well, with competition from both coasts I'm going to have to give the girls a pep talk! Did someone say ebony females? Got 'em coming out my ears--and that is a VERY GOOD THING! :dance3:

Now, if the blimp at home is focusing and giving birth to some stunning ebs out of my GSC extra dark eb male, I could have some ebs in the under 7 month class too! (if she doesn't have kits today, I may lose my mind!!:impatient:) Cross your fingers--this is a new combination, and she is one of my very best producers.

I hear the WI ECBC branch *might* have a chin teddy bear to raffle at this show? Tabitha, bring extra $$ for raffle tickets! Teddy bear or not, we always have a heck of a raffle!

I already have another chinchilla quilt in the works...different this year but it will have chinchillas on it

There will be partying in the gnome motel for sure! I will be bringing extra cash of course and hopefully I will win something in the raffle this year! Can't wait!

Hmm - the gnome motel is just down the road from the new shop. I could stumble up the street and be ready to open on Sunday! lol

Brenda!!!!! There will be room for you in the gnome motel trust me! And who even needs to sleep? We can function on margaritas and turtle brownies just fine I'm sure!

I've never been to a chinnie show....are they similar to dog/cat shows? Are animals bought and sold at them? I'm on the lookout for an ED ebony female--a local chin show may just be my ticket :)

You should go! They're lots of fun, you learn a lot about pretty chins.

They're different from cat and dog shows in that the chins remain in show cages and aren't handled by the judges. The judges just pick up the cages to examine the chin.

And in each color there can be more than one first place etc.

There's more to it, but if you go someone can always explain it to you

Diana someone who surely have an extra dark EB at the show! They are similiar to a dog/cat show, except no chins are on the lose! The judges look at the chins through their show cages to grade them on their fur--while we think they are super cute as a pet owner, not so much the judges lol! You will be the most AMAZING chins at a show! These are top of the line superb animals and if you are a chin owner and that close you should definitely come to the show!

The Wisconsin clan boasts a lot of great breeders and really nice and fun people! And I'm not just saying that because I'm a member! Don't even be afraid to come in case you won't know anyone--we are all family in the chin world!

I met Allison (Alli713) and Tawana at my first show! By the second show I was attending with a virtual stranger AND we shared a hotel room--Carol (eroomlorac). At my second show I met Kristy (starleomach) and then Brenda and Wendy (Designer Chins) it's just a fabulous time.

Last year I got to meet Becky who had some gorgeous chins--so there are people on the forum you'll meet. I'm road tripping up with Sandi, Carol and Kristy and we would totally 100 percent glad to show you the ropes! Please try to join us!

Anyone who likes ebs obviously has exceptional taste and needs to attend the show to meet all of us! :thumbsup: Heck, if they grow as I hope I'll have a minimum of 3 dark-to-extra-dark eb girls to show myself! I better not have jinxed myself there...<sigh> Big eb classes, that's what we like!! Oh, and those standards too for you purists, LOL!

There truly are some gorgeous ebs in the Wisconsin show, but I am still fond of little number 12 from the seminar--that was Brenda's violet boy! I think I will love violets until the end of time! And I'm still waiting to see that dark chocolate tan--lol! Yes I know I'm constantly making up names for chins but there is never anything wrong with dark chocolate!

I can't wait til the show in October! I'm already counting down the days and will help out wherever I can! except maybe grooming as I don't want to gouge out any fur! lol!

Oh yes, Diana - you should really come to the show! I'm sure someone will have an extra dark eb. We have so much fun at this show - just a bunch of great people! And our raffle can't be beat! :D

Oooo sounds like fun! Thanks for offering to show me around, honestly I'd be petrified to go not knowing anyone! It's on my calendar :thumbsup:

I went to my first show absolutely alone. I just drove up for the day, well half day, specifically as I had to be to work in Illinois at 3 pm. Not kidding. Everybody was very nice and friendly.

Diana we stay at the Karakahl aka the gnome motel. We really a fun bunch of people (except for maybe Sandi! LOL! jk!) I really hope you can make it, and feel free to PM me if you'd like to hang with us!

Latest posts

Back