Why you should pick your "pets" carefully...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a sad story. Sad for the person who was attacked, and sad for Travis who lost his life, due to no fault of his own.

What is even sadder, while he was attacking that lady- his owner at one point stabbed him to try and get him off...and he never even tried to attack his owner. He knew her. (atleast, according to a story I read he did not try to attack her)

It also said he normally liked police officers...wonder if he would have tried to attack them, or not? Not that I blame them for shooting. Who would want to wait and find out?

R.I.P. Travis. I am sorry humans failed you, too :(

I find it rather creepy that she took baths with him and slept in the same bed together.. Seems as though the owner had some issues herself.

I find it rather creepy that she took baths with him and slept in the same bed together.. Seems as though the owner had some issues herself.

I agree! Spoiling an animal like that, even dogs, only makes behavioral problems worse. Animals need clear limits. Treating a chimp like a human will not make him human. It's sad.

People are saying he was murdered, that he should have been tranquilized - I don't agree - that is just delaying the inevitable.
They played the 911 call on the news and the owner clearly tells the police to shoot the chimp. She said that they had to shoot him because he was injured (from her stabbing him).

It's not that I don't find apes fascinating, because I do. I love the connections betweens humans and primates etc, and how chimpanzees hunt and do cool stuff, and gorilla's learn sign language...but I'm not a "omg this monkey is so cute" person because to me they aren't really that cute, and they aren't that "nice" to make up for that non cuteness (like a well behaved, sweet dog).

I don't know what it is with animals here in CT, there's always something random going on. There's also a loose kangaroo bouncing around the state.

Back