Which wheel is quieter in a FN

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Wheel is quieter/better in the FN

• ChinSpin

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • Flying Saucer

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Other, please specify

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I haven't tried any other wheel besides the ChinSpin my my ferret nation but its super quiet. My boy loves to run super speed on it and it doesn't really make alot of noise.

I like my chin spins, they don't make much noise at all if you put them in the right place.

I have 2 Flying Saucers on my Ferret Nations and they are the loudest god awful thing in the world. I honestly wish I wouldn't have put the money into them, because they're awful. My entire cage shakes. They run so hard, they knock the ledges off the cage. My wire is BENT from the wheel stand. I have the U-Rings placed where they're supposed to go, but it doesn't help the vibration whatsoever. I just had to buy replacement pieces to go on the U-Rings because they bent so badly.

The FN has sturdier wire, so the wire of the cage doesn't bang against the wheel. My vote is for CS being the quietest.

Oh man that sucks. I want to put Fuzzy in a FN but he loves his Flying Saucer, and my fatty Gabby she does shake her cage with the CS wheel.

So ChinnieChantel where do you think is the best place for the wheel? I have my CS on the lower level and is on the left hand side of the cage, not the back but the side.

I have 2 Flying Saucers on my Ferret Nations and they are the loudest god awful thing in the world. I honestly wish I wouldn't have put the money into them, because they're awful. My entire cage shakes. They run so hard, they knock the ledges off the cage. My wire is BENT from the wheel stand. I have the U-Rings placed where they're supposed to go, but it doesn't help the vibration whatsoever. I just had to buy replacement pieces to go on the U-Rings because they bent so badly.

Did you set it as they suggest? I mean, putting a wood block underneath the metal rod, so it will sit on something.

I've never bought/tried anything other than a ChinSpin. However, the noise it makes mostly depends on how much of a rough runner you have :p Zia is pretty mellow on hers, but when she does get fast, I can't hear a thing! Dusty, however, makes so much noise at night that I'm surprised that I can sleep through it all ;)

Hands down, the ChinSpin is quieter. My FN cage is split in two, with one chin living in each. One has the Flying Saucer, and the other has the ChinSpin. I don't know if it's because Wallace is heavier and runs harder on his wheel, but I swear to you, when he runs on his FS, the sound is thunderous and he's already broken one of the side cage bars. :/ (He's my little fatso, which is ironic because he exercises so darn much.)

Yeah, it does depend on how hard and fast they run

I have one chin that doesn't run very hard at all, and he doesn't bother me, but my other will run his wheel to death and to the point where you spend 20 mins taking it out every nite, haha

I wish I would have tested a FS and a CS out beforehand, as I wouldn't have bought 3 of the Saucers. I've learned to deal with them, but they're really annoying...

My Flying Saucer is absolutely silent in my FN. I have a block of wood underneath it to make it more stable.

I haven't tried the block of wood yet, but as far as the FS being louder with bigger chins, it may be but the main girl of Mine that runs on the FS is a "lil" 500 gm gal that is VERY coordinated!! It is pretty loud... I have yet to try and make it quieter..

Now here is My question, My CS's are VERY quiet in most cages but I do have one on the back wall of one of My FN's and was wondering if it was louder because of it's placement or if it is just because a 900+gm gal was hauling Her big hiney on it?!?!? LOL...

Tara, I just think that Your Fuzzy is a CrAzY man!! Hahaha...

The block of wood really makes a difference. The cage rattled like crazy until I put that little bock of wood there. Lo and behold, silence.

Okay...stupid question here. Where can I get a Chin Spin?? The stores and sites I've looked at don't seem to have them...

The block of wood really makes a difference. The cage rattled like crazy until I put that little bock of wood there. Lo and behold, silence.

That's what I've heard too...when I get my new goodies I have to remember to pick up a piece of wood for back up:winkers:

I have personally found that neither is more quiet than the other. They both make noise and they both shake the cage.

I hear Bria on her CS, but it is very quiet. It's on the side as well. She can run like anything, but she is a light weight. I've been meaning to get a scale to see how much she weighs. i am guessing at most 600 grams...but what do I really know without a scale.

Back