What's better baby chin or adult?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's great if you get an adult, I had the best experience adopting my boy when he was six years old, we have formed the most amazing bond and I feel happy knowing that after having four previous homes that he has finally found his forever home. He is gorgeous and every bit as lovable as the baby I got at the same time (who is a nut job and hates being touched at the moment, but is slowly coming around)

The older the better, in my opinion. Chins have such long lives that you are really not missing out on anything :)

The four boys are all different colors. There is a mosaic one, a beige one, a standard one and a black velvet one. They are a real handful though, the girls will be a little more calm and will be much easier to handle. The boys are older, but they are very active...I think they never stop moving until they just can't move anymore and at that point they collapse into a heap of chinnie boys so that they can power nap and then bounce around more. The girls are much more reserved. However, if you really would like four boys, I know you would take very good care of them! :)

I love Susan's response.... "Here are some chinchillas you want!"

And then Dawn's baby explanation. Though I'll agree adults are smarter. One of my girls keeps trying to dust bath outside of the dust bath and has even attempted to dust bath... on top of the dust bath. My girls are also much harder to handle than my boy was. They easily get out of your hands and escape if you are not careful. Babies are insane.

Back