What type of store sells rosehips?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danakscully64

Chinchilla Mommy
I'm out of rosehips and the store I used to buy them from stopped selling them (back when I was in California, I was going to stock up during Christmas, but they were out). I'm now in Florida and have no idea where to check. I will end up buying them online if I can't find a place nearby.

What type of stores sell rosehips? The place I bought them from before was a health food store.

Thanks!

I can't remember exactly, but I got a 4-5 inch by 4 inch bag for a couple bucks. I've seen some sites sell them for $1.50 an ounce plus shipping, I don't really know how that compares.

You can buy them on Amazon or one of the chinchilla stores on here (most of them sell rosehips). I also don't know where in FL you are, but there is a herb store in Melbourne that sells rosehips also - but it's cheaper from Amazon if you get free shipping.

I'm in the Pensacola area. When I'm looking for rosehips online, is there something I should look for or avoid? I keep finding tea and pictures of rosehips for sale in a silver foil bag, but no picture of the product. Shipping is the part that gets me, that's the main reason I'm trying to find a place local.

Silly question, about how much does an ounce come to (visually)?

I sell them by 1/2 lb ($4) or lb ($8) (.50 per oz). Shipping isn't too high if you go first class with 1/2 lb, or flat rate envelope for 1 lb+.

There are 16 oz in a lb. An ounce isn't very much, maybe 20 rosehips, maybe a bit more?

If you don't want to buy online, check out local herbal tea shops, maybe even a local farmer's market. Ours in Lancaster has a man who sells all sorts of herbal tea things, including hibiscus petals and crushed rosehips, as well as rose buds.

If you don't want to buy online, check out local herbal tea shops, maybe even a local farmer's market. Ours in Lancaster has a man who sells all sorts of herbal tea things, including hibiscus petals and crushed rosehips, as well as rose buds.

Good idea, thanks! :) My chins have never tried hibiscus petals or rose buds, I wonder if they would like those. I'm on the hunt for those too now! :D

It's not that hard to crush a rosehip :p

Hammer? :p

You could easily put them in a zip-loc and hammer em down, I'm sure it'd work. A food processor would probably work too.

That's what I was thinking, that either of those might work. My girl likes whole ones, but my boys have a harder time getting through them, so they drop them and leave them. They like crushed though.

I will be back soon with a update. :D

If you crush them watch the insides, they can make people itchy. I know people who have done it and regretted it.

Can you go somewhere like GNC, or a vitamin/suppliment place and get rosehips? And if you can...are they OK for the chin?

Latest posts

Back