What size water bottle?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8 oz. should be fine for one chin if you refill every single day. For any pairs, or big drinkers, I would definitely go with 16 oz.

One chinchilla will need on avg. 1.3 oz of water per day. Since it should be refilled every day, I would go with the smaller bottle. If you have multiple chins per cage, consider 2 or more smaller bottles rather than one large one in case one loses it's vacuum (also smaller bottle equals less flooding of cage) or a chin decides he's going to hog it and not share.

I use both 8 oz. and 16 oz., the 8 oz is fine. I don't fill any of my bottles completely full, since I refill them every day anyway. I only fill the 8 oz. about half full and that is still plenty to last them.

I use the 8 oz as well. If I didn't refill it everyday it would probably last them 5 days or so. I would go with the 8 oz.

I use 8 oz for even my pairs. I do have one 16 oz, but I never fill it full, so an 8 oz would work for multiples. Even the 8 oz I don't fill full since I'd be wasting water replacing it each day.

Thank you for the answers. I decided go order 5 8 oz bottles because I refill them anyway. But I may order 1 or 2 of the 16 oz. one too.

Ok, looking at my 8 oz. bottles I realized that I was wrong on the size. What I thought were 16 oz. are actually 8oz. So yes, good decision made. :p

Back