What holds your chins interest?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huffnpoof

So I've noticed that whenever one of my family members begins to play the piano (which is close to misty's cage) she gets very excited and sits on the shelf closest to the piano. She seems to be entranced. My other chin doesn't do that, but she does seem really fascinated with the laptop screen (when we sit on the couch and use it she can see it), especially when we are watching a dvd on it. Do any of your chins have a particular "people" item they seem really interested in? I'd love to hear stories.

Gizmo always gets super excited when you crinkle a plastic bag. He must love the sound..zips around his cage like a bullet. Probably thinks it's his treat bag, so of course he gets one then so I don't tease him ..:)

They all LOVE watching TV with us =) Donna loves the hand vac. She'll try and stick her nose up the nozzle.

I have my 7 rats in a huge multi-level Martin's cage across the room from the chinnies. The chins are utterly fascinated watching the ratgirls run up and down their ramps and play with their toys. My chinboys may be thinking -- boy, those are some UGLY chingirls across the room!!!!

They are also enraptured watching my 60-gallon fish tank. And the hamsters. Seems like they love watching other critters!

Mine's not really a people item..well, maybe it is..Herby loves to play tag with me. I will let her out for a run in my bedroom and she automatically runs and hides and when I lay down in the floor, she comes and jumps on me and taps me with her paw and then runs and hides again.

She also likes to tease the cats when they sit under her cage and try and sleep. She will throw stuff at them or start kacking very loud so they will run away.

My boys all love watching movies with us.. And Ziggy pretty much has to have a cuddle buddy within reach at all times and uses his running wheel until he is forced to leave it.

Mine are captivated by movies, too. The newest movie is "Click." We've watched that one about 50 times so far... :) The chins have to have music on all the time or at least have people in their rooms talking. They get so angry if the music is off or they don't have anything to listen to. Weird, weird little animals. And, it can't be just any radio station - it has to be 92.9 "The Mountain" or they bark and act like I am torturing them. Forget talk radio - they will only stand for talking on the radio for about 10 minutes at a time.

LOL @ the UGLY chin girls across the room! :D

Oh you know what else really interests the chins here? The dogs. They all want to nibble or otherwise bite the little chihuahua doggies. My poor dogs are so tortured by chinchillas. I have to be careful that the dogs aren't near the play areas because the chins will surely harass them. My poor Hoss dog has a little scar on his nosy from those evil chins. It serves him right for trying to stick his nose in the cage. Fifi won't go around the chins, so that's a good thing. :) Joey walks around the cages like there's a 12 inch force field that prevents him from getting close...Bear doesn't go in the chin rooms...and Booda just doesn't care anymore - he will let the chins get very close to him. Needless to say, I never let the dogs and chins play - the dogs would lose and I would have traumatized pups here.

HAHA Susan!! I think some of your chins are actually BIGGER than your dogs. I would be scared too, if I were them. ;)

These are such cute stories. I'm going to have to try some of these things out with my girls and see if they may find a new interest.

Hey my Chinnies love watching my Rat girls too, hmm maybe they are wondering what happened to all their fur??

Flashlights. A few times a night I will flash it on their cage to make sure I have closed all the doors properly (OCD FTW). They are a lot like cats in that they try to hop to wherever the light is. I've never tried a laser pointer, but maybe I ought to.

The best thing about flashlights is that I can make the chins' eyes glow. They have the coolest eyes...and you can see just how reflective they are with a flashlight in a dark room. :) You probably don't want to take it right up and shine it in their eyes...just from across the room illuminate the eyes a bit. :)

Rosey and Poppy love it when I file my nails. I think it's mostly the rasping noise it makes....they always try to steal the emery board....I think they want to try it out for themselves!!
Jasmine loves tugging on my earrings....hopefully she'll never figure out how to get them out of my ears!!

Latest posts

Back