What did your Secret Santa get you? 2012

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ooooh... Miss Bella just received some snuggly goodies in the mail... Compete with a zebra and PENGUINS!!

My phone (ie, camera) is just about to die (battery), so there will be a pause on getting any pics uploaded. But they'll be coming. And, perhaps, I can get some "action shots" later as this is still sleepytime for her.

Got mine today!! Gifts for both me and my chins! We love everything! Thank you so much Secret Santa aka Stacey! ;)

In order of the pictures, Tribble, Tia and Chichi! In the last pic, Chichi is licking her lips after finishing her treat :D I couldn't get a picture of her eating it because she hides... lol

THANK YOU SECRET SANTA!

xoxo Chichi, Tribble and Tia

Attachments

• 2012-11-27_22-18-38_387.jpg
    2012-11-27_22-18-38_387.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 124
  • 2012-11-27_22-20-42_56.jpg
    2012-11-27_22-20-42_56.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 113
  • 2012-11-27_22-22-56_114.jpg
    2012-11-27_22-22-56_114.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 106
  • 2012-11-27_22-24-07_515.jpg
    2012-11-27_22-24-07_515.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 97
  • 2012-11-27_22-24-42_118.jpg
    2012-11-27_22-24-42_118.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 106
Here's my SS gift pictures :)

ssgift2.png

Some hanging toys, cookies, sticks, a few other things to chew on and a cuddle sack for hedgie. There were also homemade cookies for me but those didn't last long enough to get a picture taken!

And here's Lil'Chinny checking out the loot. Patch and Chalupa didn't get any pictures taken yet with their stuff. For some reason, they thought my phone was a chin capturing device and not just for taking pictures, lol.

ssgift.png

ssgift3.png

and getting a little lovin after playtime...he melts me heart!

lilchinny.png

Awesome stuff Stacey! :D Lil Chinny looks a lot like my Tribble!

Oh my goodness! We received our gifts this evening! Just in time for cleaning day!! we are super excited!!!! :) Thanks so much SS, you truly spoiled us!

Attachments

• SS 2012.jpg
    SS 2012.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 109
Woohoo! Lookie what we got! Thanks SS! I was thinking it may be asking too much since it was from overseas, but I really, really appreciate it! Have to find a frame now!

Attachments

• IMG_5048.jpg
    IMG_5048.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 126
We got our SS gift today! It's awesome and they will love chewing and shredding and snuggling! :D Thanks so much to our SS, whoever you are! I'm still clueless. :hmm:

Attachments

• SS2.jpg
    SS2.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
WOO HOO!!! Our SS present arrived today!!!

I'm NOT going to hold out on opening it until Christmas like I did last year, but I DO want to wait for a second clue, so December 8 is the magic day...if I can wait!!!

Aww Lynn you're too nice your your SS, last year was torture ;-)

Still waiting for our gift, getting excited by all the cool things you guys are receiving! Love the chinchilla drawing!

Aww Lynn you're too nice your your SS, last year was torture ;-)

Still waiting for our gift, getting excited by all the cool things you guys are receiving! Love the chinchilla drawing!

Yes, I know!!!

I didn't know how upset everyone would be that I wanted to wait until Christmas, so I won't be doing that again!!!

I'll at least TRY to wait for another clue...not promising to, though!!!

Bella's Story -- 2012 Secret Santa Gifts

Bella was a rescue who needed a new home fast. She passed from her former owner to Lilysmommy (on HHC) to Kalandra to me in short order in a few short weeks this past June.

Upon arrival, I found a rather skittish little girl who worked herself up into quite the huff. She huffed continuously to the point of panicked hedgie-yelps from time to time. She protected herself the very best way a scared little hedgie could: huffed and puffed and curled up in a little hedgie ball. She took a few months to let me know she had four feet. Technically, I knew she had four of them, but she only let me see two. I held her in my hands, she put out her front two, but kept her back to feet curled up in a protective quillball. Perhaps a month and a half passed before she opened up on her own and let me feel her soft little hedgie belly and let her rear feet brush against my fingers as I put her back into her home one night. Then, depending on how she felt, either I had a two- or four- footed hedgehog in my hands each morning and evening. These past few months, I’ve had a four-footed hedgehog. She is more huffy than Satin or Tex were, but certainly less huffy than she was when she first came home. She’s grown more adventuresome and bold… at least in my arms.

Tuesday night, we took another big step. We talked about “Christmas.” I said Christmas was a time when we celebrate the good things that happen during the year. I told her that her coming to live with me was one of the very good things in my life and I thanked her for being there. I said I hoped she felt good too. I talked about another good thing: how there are more human friends out there. I said I told these humans about her, they cared about her, and one made some very special things for her.
picture.php

There's pengi blankie, pengi hedgiebag, zebra hedgiebag, & pengi snuggle pillow all for Miss Bella. Serving as the model hedgie in this pic, the stuffed hedgie arrived snoozing inside the zebra hedgiebag.

I told Bella that I put two of those very special things in her house. I told her I had the other two things (the hedgiebags) out with us and she could look at them now if she wanted. I said they were just for Bella. And would be just like her other things: she could play and snuggle with them until they got messy, then they go back in the laundry until they are clean, then they would come back to her again because they are hers. We snuggled and I showed her my camera phone. She studied it for a long time... a loooooong time. She watched herself on the screen and let me take a few pictures without running away or curling up in fear.
picture.php

Then she explored the pengi hedgiebag.
picture.php

Yep, that's little hedgie bum you see there.

When she was all done, I brought her back to her house and she went into her igloo and snuggled with her new blankie.
picture.php

Have to adjust it so it’s “just right” you know?

Thank you Secret Santa!

**happy tears** :tissue: **happy tears** Bella is so lucky to have you Melissa! Your SS did a great job too!

Uhhh we hit the jackpot with our SS, I don't think we deserved so much! Thank you SS! I haven't been actively trying to figure out who is mine, but I have a feeling it's someone I know personally? Or at least someone from the forum who knows me since I'm not so active on here as I used to be!

Anyways, thank you SO much! Chibi was looking at her toy like "Where do I even begin?!"

IMG_9756.jpg

In case you can't tell what is in the pic, 4 little wrapped presents, 4 apple toys, 3 hanging toys, 4 candy cane toys, a baggie of twigs, Pet Pasta, and a candle for me!

Back