What Are You Currently Reading?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm reading Deafening by Francis Itani, I'm enjoying it so far. Just finished Sapphos leap, it started out great then just went down hill. Overall disappointing.

A Patriot's History of the United States

(From Columbus's great discovery to the war on terror.)

Written by Larry Schweikart and Michael Allen

This is a good read. Don't be scared that it contains 829 pages. Clearly you can see what our classrooms are not teaching when you start to read this book.

It's a must read for those of you who have questions about our history. I know I was shocked reading the information during the Roosevelt administration and WW11.

Im going into my second book of the Private series. I accidentally fell into this one. Im a bit ticked because its like 20 books long.. or something outrageous like that. I bought a book Privileged that looked good.. it was a Buy2 get the 3rd free and then after buying it I found out this book was part of a spin off of this other series! So I put it aside and I started the original series "Private" series only to find out there is an infinite amount of books in this series.. So Im reading Invitation Only..

I like these younger adult/teen dramas. They are simple read with out too much flare and nice to read when you need to wind down. Its a normal amount of drama to get you hooked but not enough to stress you out. And the best part.. its not an under-researched book where the writer is adding a bunch of stuff for flare and then they get all the technical stuff wrong.

Just read Loving Frank, about the love affair of Frank Lloyd Wright and Mamah Borthwel Cheney. Not bad for historical fiction. Now I'm reading Papillon. Loved the movie and so far the book's quite interesting.

Just picked up the NEW Midnight Breed Series book "Taken By Midnight" by Lara Adrian. So far so good! I have also been reading Kresley Cole books (love her) and picked up three of those yesterday! That might last me until next weekend lol...

I've just starting reading "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett.
I am also half way through "Heavier Than Heaven" a biography about Kurt Cobain and it has been really interesting.

The girl with the dragon tattoo was a pretty good book,even though some of the plot was really far fetched. I got a couple of chapters gift cards, so I have another list of books I want to order. My next book on the list is "The book of Negros" It sounds like it will be really good,I hope I'm not dissapointed.:)

Currently reading : What to Eat by Marion Nestle.

Will soon be starting: Lolita by Nabokov

Anyone read The Book Thief by Markus Zusak? I'm told its a youth book, but a decent read. Opinions?

I loved the book thief! It is one of my all time favorites. It's a book that can be enjoyed starting at any point,the narration by death is just fabulouse story telling. Worth checking out, hope you like it too:)

Excellent. It did look interesting in a review. I just started the Life of Pi. So far it is interesting. Book thief will be next, I hope. It is checked out and I get to wait :(.

Just finished Lie to Me by Starr Ambrose--her debut book and it was great! An interesting mystery twist I had to admit I did not see coming! Can't wait for further works by her.

Excellent. It did look interesting in a review. I just started the Life of Pi. So far it is interesting. Book thief will be next, I hope. It is checked out and I get to wait :(.

I really liked life of Pi too. Even though the storyline sounds crazy,as you read it,you become totally immersed in the story.:)

I really liked life of Pi too. Even though the storyline sounds crazy,as you read it,you become totally immersed in the story.:)

I read this when I was in middle school, but don't think I properly understood it. Perhaps it deserves an adult re-read.

I can't decide what to read next. I need something super easy at this point. Something I can put down for a few days, pick up and remember what has happened. Suggestions?

Currently reading Inside Out by Lauren Dane--very awesome book! It's a 3rd in a series and somehow I missed number 2 SO have that one downloaded to the reader and will get that read tomorrow I'm sure.

I read this when I was in middle school, but don't think I properly understood it. Perhaps it deserves an adult re-read.

I dunno. I read Life of Pi as an adult and not sure I properly understood it either. It does make for interesting discussions, because it seems people either love it or hate it. I'm afraid I might fall into the latter category.

I'm gonna pick up a copy of The Book Thief too. Its been recommended by so many people now!

I'm starting Blame by Michelle Huneven for my book club. Its my first time reading a book on an e-reader... feels so weird!

Back