What Are You Currently Reading?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Red Queen: sex and the evolution of human nature.

Its a scientific study around 10,000 pages. Great read!

Lord of the Rings (I read them once a year)

The Corran.

Sense and sensibility and sea monsters

The Valley of Fear, by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. (It's one of a handful of Sherlock Holmes novellas that Conan Doyle penned.)

Finished Dreamfever by Karen Marie Moning! After the first 25 or so pages, it got really good ;)

Working on The Blood Books, Volume One: Blood Trail and Blood Price by Tanya Huff now!

the gurnsey literary and potato peel pie society

it took a while for me to get into it, but now i'm really enjoying it! i'm also in the middle of a number of other books :p johnstown flood, the given day, i'm sure there's more!

"The Omnivore's Dilemma" by Michael Pollan

It took a while to get into it, but is a very interesting non-fiction read IMO. It might change the way you think about your food.

"The Omnivore's Dilemma" by Michael Pollan

It took a while to get into it, but is a very interesting non-fiction read IMO. It might change the way you think about your food.

I haven't read that one yet but just read Pollan's In Defense of Food. Really interesting. They just adapted his Botany of Desire into a PBS documentary.

Reading The Help right now by Kathryn Stockett. Very good so far and an easy read.

Last edited:
I haven't read that one yet but just read Pollan's In Defense of Food. Really interesting. They just did adapted his Botany of Desire into a PBS documentary.

I'm going to read "In Defense of Food" next...well, maybe I should work in a bit of light fiction first. I'll have to check into that documentary, thanks for the info.

Finished Lead Me On by Victoria Dahl and can't wait to read it again I loved it SO much! Tonight I'm reading Sugar and Spice by a new author I found and really like--Mari Carr.

This weekend I'm starting on Michael J Fox's book! I'm excited, BUT if it bums me out too much I'm switching to Howie Mandel's book.

We're reading "The Kite Runner" by Khaled Hosseini in English. It's actually pretty interesting. This wouldn't be my usual choice of book for for a hopeless romantic, this is keeping me interested.

The Kite Runner is a really good book, but also very sad. I would hate to live that kind of life.

Loved both The Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns, but felt so mentally drained after each. They definitely stick with you though, and that, to me, is a sign of a great book! The one I'm reading now isn't much easier: Columbine by Dave Cullen. It has a special signifigance to me because that was my high school (the tragedy occured 5 years after I'd graduated) but I really think it would be an interesting read for anyone. I highly recommend it!

Recently discovered two new authors to me that I absolutely love! Beth Williamson has Malloy Family series and Devil's on Horseback series--Old West Cowboys! woot! (erotica so not for under 18). Also Violet Summers who I learned was a writing team of two women. Violet has a Velvet series--the first book I read blew me away! Again erotica so not for the young--Velvet Submissions was a thought provoking soul searching book which had a female Domme--not my usual taste, but I really loved it.

I'm also reading in increments Andre Agassi's Open. It's a wonderful book, but if you're an Agassi fan you may find it hard at times. I love Andre and was worried I wouldn't feel the same way about him after reading his autobiography, I'm happy to say I love him still but feel bad that while I loved him and thought the world of him, he was struggling so hard to find himself.

I am reading The Nightwalker series by Jacquelyn Frank - just finished "Gideon" and about to start "Elijah" and anxiously awaiting book two in the Lara Adrian Midnight Breed series. I also liked Kresley Cole's newest Pleasure of a Dark Prince and Kiss of a Demon King (all of these adult romance).

I am reading Push by Sapphire. Its a great great book. I had to drive 2 hrs to get the right one . all they sell around here is the one based on the movie and like the story line of the movie. I wanted the book the movie was based on :D and so yeaah LOL.

Loved both The Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns, but felt so mentally drained after each. They definitely stick with you though, and that, to me, is a sign of a great book! The one I'm reading now isn't much easier: Columbine by Dave Cullen. It has a special signifigance to me because that was my high school (the tragedy occured 5 years after I'd graduated) but I really think it would be an interesting read for anyone. I highly recommend it!

I just put Columbine on hold with the library. Currently I'm reading Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella. She wrote Confessions of a Shopaholic...Very easy, mindless reading. I needed something mindless after PUSH.

Latest posts

Back