What are the results of the Ohio Field Day?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grand Show: Juanita Hendryx
Res. Grand Show: Connie List
Champion Female: Juanita Hendryx
Res. Champion Female Connie List
Champion Male: Nicole Lemler
Res. Champion Male: Hope Glover

Females:
White Champion: Juanita Hendryx
Sapphire Champion: Mish Irish
Violet Champion: Jen Res. Silkrhein Chinchillas
Beige Champion: Hope Glover Res. Juanita Hendryx
Naturalle Champion: Juanita Hendryx Res. Monika Grogan
Black Champion: Nicole Lemler Res. Juanita Hendryx
Ebony Champion: Connie List Res. Connie List

Males:
White Champion: Connie List Res. Becky West
Beige Champion: Nicole Lemler Res. Monika Grogan
Naturalle Champion: Nicole Lemler Res. Hope Glover
Ebony Champion: Connie List

There were 15 exibitors and 83 animals.

It was a nice show, a little fast, but nice show! So, if I have anything incorrect, Becky, please correct me :)

Congratulations everyone!!!!

"Violet Champion: Jen" (Roc City Chins)
I am so proud of my girl!! She had quite a few people crowding around her, claiming they were going to steal her and drive off.

It was a great show, I love the field day, so casual and I love walking the ranch throughout the day. I wish I had that much land!

Pictures to come...

Last edited:
Here are some pics I took. Dee took better ones I believe, she had a much better camera :)

My Mosaic, who only got third because his color was off. Size was great, decent fur, but color off.

DSCN0057.jpg

DSCN0063.jpg

My Ebony sc male who also got 3rd, size too small for his age, but Im betting its because he is a sapphire carrier :-( Maybe Ill try him again at Port Ewen if he doesnt sell before then.

DSCN0058-1.jpg

DSCN0083.jpg

Final Table

DSCN0085.jpg

DSCN0086.jpg

Here's my prized girl :) She is potentially available if anyone is interested....might be showing her again at Port Ewen if she doesn't sell before then....and if I don't have any one to pair her with for breeding...

DSCN0088.jpg

DSCN0087.jpg

Cheryl I sent you a PM. I know you were looking for me at the show yesterday, but then you left early.

I had a few people interested in buying her yesterday who backed out, and have a few interested now I'm getting back to.

Sorry about that Jen, the only info I had and was going by was the sheet they gave out of exhibitors and it just had your first name or I would have posted more info for ya!

Glad everyone is getting home safe. I had a good time for my brief visit. Sorry for the dine n dash though! I wish I could have spent more time socializing.

And yes, my car made it home without the wheels falling off. It took longer to get it unpacked than packed!

What a beautiful day it turned out to be! I ended up going by myself as Emma bailed on me - what 11 year old wants to get up at 3:00 in the morning??? The ranch was nice and it was great to see my chinchilla loving friends again - too bad we can't have shows all year long - lol!:)

Oh well, she missed out on seeing our last girl of the year winning GSC! So exciting for me!

I had a great time and can't wait to see how our new batch of babies turn out.

Congratulations to everyone! There were some beautiful animals there, and the judges had their work cut out for them.

I was happy with my results - two of my animals ended up on the table at the end, and the rest of them did well except for one, but I understand why.

Thats ok :) I gave Paul my ranch name too but he only listed my first name. So its not a big deal :)

The final table was gorgeous!!! Everyone should be so proud!!
I was fixated on that beautiful Pink White that won section champ. Absolutely beautiful.

Im taking this time to weed through my herd and see what I am going to focus more on. I wish we had more shows throughout the year too, and maybe slightly closer ;-) But the drive wasn't too bad, at least it was a beautiful day!!

Dang it - we should have talked at the show! Maybe we could have figured out a trade between my PW and your Violet!

The PW is quite a sweetheart so it would have been hard to part with her!

Maybe we will be talking swapping offspring in a couple of months!

sounds good to me Juanita! I do have the violet's parents paired again and hopefully they produce another beauty!

Its too bad they always choose standards for GSC because we had a handful of beautiful mutes at this show this year!

But your standard was a looker! so it doesn't surprise me on the win :) I just wish he would at least consider some mutes sometimes. He pushed the sapphire and my violet right to the end of the table along with the beige and pink white following! Too funny.

Back