What an interesting looking cage...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good lord. Yes, a very interesting "cage"!

Although I do think the "custom habitat" inside is pretty cool, who knows what it's made out of and if it's chinnie safe.

I agree. I'm not sure what the material is made of, but the person who made it was probably trying to imitate the natural habitat. And a 165 gallon aquarium is huge!

I agree with peachydays... but that would be SUPER neat if somehow that habitat-looking thing could be made chin-safe (for the chewers) and was in some sort of better-ventilated cage. Now THAT would be cool..

Pretty interesting.. I've always wanted to make a gigantic chinnie habitat after seeing the one at the National Zoo and getting experience making rockwork with cement when I worked at the aquarium.

I wonder what they used. It must be pretty tough to have not been chewed up.

Although I did get a giggle out of their "does not make a mess". I suppose if you keep it in an aquarium it's true, but put them in a good ventilated cage and they will!

It looks like it's made out of sandstone, though it's hard to be sure... Very natural looking, but it'd be cooler if it were taller so the chin could jump up more :)

That is a sweet looking cage!

I bet that would be stinking hot in the summer time - with no real ventilation...

And I keep telling you guys, tanks DO vent, via convection. :p

From the CL ad:

customcage.jpg

Latest posts

Back