What am I??????

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

furrylovables

If someone could please tell me what type of animal this is, it would be greatly appreciated. At first glance I though they were gerbils, but they have no tail. My day found 3 adults and 4 babies on the side of the road today in a shoe box, and brought them to me. Any help would be awesome.

Attachments

• what am I.jpg
    what am I.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 158
Those are Campbell's Dwarf hamsters (often called Russian dwarf hamsters in petstores). They come in many different colors as well. They're very cute!

My very first Campbell's dwarf hammy, Lucy, looked like the gray one on the right.

Wow, they are so lucky they found their way to you! Congrats on the new little cuties.

What the *enter word of choice here* is wrong with people! They are cute. I love hamsters. Glad they were found and with you.

What the *enter word of choice here* is wrong with people! They are cute. I love hamsters. Glad they were found and with you.

I have no idea what the "adult' was thinking, and to think their poor kid is at school, with no idea that one of his parents put his pets on the side of the road with the garbage. I'm going to take a few pics of the box they were in. What if they escaped outside with the four little babies left in the box? Animal cruelity happens everyday.

So heres a pic of the box, notice the two big holes on either side. They were halfway out when my dad handed them to me. Here's a pic of there tank I put them in, don't know what sex they are but I watched all three adults move the four babies into the wooden house. They were fast about it too, took about 10 seconds.

Attachments

• hamster pics 001.jpg
    hamster pics 001.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 114
  • hamster pics 002.jpg
    hamster pics 002.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 127
  • hamster pics 003.jpg
    hamster pics 003.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 129
You may want to find a way to sex them and separate them, as from my own experience, hamsters can reproduce quickly and they can breedback as well. It is a bit tricky because their parts are small, but as with chins, boy bits are farther apart and girls closer together. Google "sexing dwarf hamsters"...that should help.

Thanks for taking them in! :)

It's possible for whatever reason they were left there for someone to pick them up. Otherwise why would they even both putting holes in the box.

Any which way, it's just not right.

Latest posts

Back