What am I doing wrong?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some eye infections need to be treated with an oral antibiotic as well. If it were me I would see about switching eye medication (I had luck switching from tobramycin to terramycin) and asking about an oral antibiotic.

Bacteria is everywhere and there are myriad types of bacteria so to say it's caused by fecal matter is just so off-base as to be amusing.

I'm glad to see that the internet has made med school obsolete. Its good to know that the average person with a laptop is more informed then years of study. Yes this is me being snarky, it stems from my internships and why I no longer want to be a doctor. Disease is interesting, people on the other hand.... Oi!

JennyBug:

Thank you. Just thank you. I heart people who put things together on their own.

Jessica:

I thinks its great that you're putting so much care into Marble's comfort. That is so very kind of you. You could get some saline solution in an eye dropper to help his eyes from drying out and because its sterile it may help things clear up faster. I would fill an eye dropper and warm it up in my hands to it doesn't scare him or feel to foriegn. It will also help with the build up. This is works great on sugar gliders and rabbits so it just might help chins too.

Oh wholly buckets of turtles! An e-collar on a chin... its adorable and horrible all at once. The thought actually hurts a bit.

Oh wholly buckets of turtles! An e-collar on a chin... its adorable and horrible all at once. The thought actually hurts a bit.

People do actually put them on chins, so it's not that outrageous of a thought.

I just get worried when someone has owned a chin for less than a month and they come on giving advice. I don't know you, so perhaps you might give good advice, but many times it gives the wrong impression and can lead to other newbies doing the wrong thing.

Last edited:
People do actually put them on chins, so it's not that outrageous of a thought.

I just get worried when someone has owned a chin for less than a month and they come on giving advice. I don't know you, so perhaps you might give good advice, but many times it gives the wrong impression and can lead to other newbies doing the wrong thing.

Its not outrageous, just really cute. But at the same time its not cute at all. The mental image was what I was talking about.

As to the other part, you are quite right. I would hate to give bad advice and have some one hurt their pet or loved one. I agreed that the best course of action was the collidial silver as RMC suggested. I am fairly sure that if your chin has an infection or a reacurring infection of any kind keeping their area very clean could not prossibly hurt their chin. Saline Solution is used on all mammals, and is good for general eye health. If you could point me in the direction of the poor advice I gave I would appologize immidiately and I am already sorry that I have apparently stepped out of line in suggesting what I have.

I don't really want to put an e-collar on him but if it stops him from scratching his cornea then great. I have some saline solution here it's made for human infants and I use it to unclog my son's stuffy nose when he's got a cold. I'll go and buy another bottle of that stuff for Marble and see if I can find this collidal silver stuff.

Yeah a new bottle is the best idea.

I'm really sorry I caused an arguement on your page.

Back