We are more than chins and hedgies we are a family

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laurie

I heart Leonard
Tonight when Stacie called me to tell me her grandfather had passed away I called her back right away. And it broke my heart to hear her cry. We are on this forum talking mostly about our cute chinchillas and hedgehogs but we are so much more than that.
We are a family.
This is the place I came to talk about my sister and her battle with cancer. When I needed love and support it was there for me a thousand fold.
I gave Stacie my number today without hesitation because I wanted her to know she was not alone.
And I say this to each of us, we are not alone--this is where we can come to share of sorrows and our joys--our laughter and our fears.
It's true we don't always get along--just like a normal family.
It's true there are the favorites (me of course) just like a normal family.
Someone is always the cutest, the most talented (we have tons though! Mae, Deena, Parka, Alli to name a few!), the funniest, the smartest, the most popular (gee me AGAIN!) just like a family.
In the good times and the bad I just want to say thanks to this wonderful family, for the love and support I've received and have seen given to others.
Never let anyone you know say you're crazy for spending time on the internet talking to friends you may never meet about chinchillas or hedgehogs.
We stand United--friends and family!

Amen! I love this forum and the people on here. I lurk more than I post but I still love you all!

I see that too. So many people when I call many of you good friends are shocked that many of us have only met online. They just do not understand. It is a great place.

My chins are a passion of mine and NO ONE who knows me outside of this forum understands that. I feel at home here and I have met the most amazing people that I believe will be in my life forever. All because of this forum! I used to lurk as well on the other forum, but here it seemed that everyone was getting a fresh start so I got my feet wet and here I am. I really feel blessed.

Even those of us that no longer have chins still have a small piece of the community. Through thick and thin, CnH'ers have always been there when I needed it.

I agree. :)

I have met some good friends on here. Some I have met in real life, some that I haven't, but none more important that the others. I don't open up as much as some people on here, but I know that I can if I ever need to which is a great feeling.

Oh no....So sorry to hear about Stacie's Granda. I hope she and the rest of her family are coping alright.

CnH is just wonderful....Helped me a lot too! Its a year today that Granda went to...Australia!...And all you regulars in chat were ALWAYS there too...

Thanks Everyone...We really ARE family! :)

I agree...we make a very good community! ;) I was telling my boyfriend about you guys the other night and I didn't even think twice to referring to you guys as my friends. Even if I never get to meet some of you in real life I feel blessed that my life has been touched by so many wonderful people. :hearts:

Pegs isn't old enough to be a matriarch. :)

I wonder who I am in the family. Probably the crazy aunt that never gets enough attention and always begs everyone to come over to listen to her stories that everyone has already heard 1000 times.... :)

I have made some great friends in the real world that I met through a chinnie forum, and others that I haven't met IRL that I would like to. It's very cool to have a place where you have at least one established common interest right from the start :)).

A big HUG to all of you. Your stories keep me sane when I would rather give up. Thats what families do....:hugs:

Latest posts

Back