Vampire Diaries

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brekai722

ChinCrazy and Loving It
Did anyone watch "The Vampire Diaries" on the CW channel tonight? Talk about a "Twilight" Rip-off. I watched it. Some really cute guys and gals and the story was real familiar. Vampire meets Girl. Another Vampire (this one's brother) attacks others to hurt him. New romance begins. Friend is suspicious of new guy. Good Vampire has control of blood drive.

I guess that's one way to get viewers - make a Twilight clone.:neener:

I'm only watch 1 vampire show, and that is True Blood on HBO. Much more along the lines of how a vampire is... They burn in the sun, not sparkle.

I saw the previews and my first thought was "Twilight rip off" I said no to it. I think I will stick with my show, which ends Sunday, but oh well, it's getting pretty good and I have read all the books :)

I was gonna watch it, but after hearing that review, I think I'll keep away and stick to True Blood. I can only handle one sparkly vampire lol

HMMM I didn't watch it as I'm at work. My vampire show--Moonlight was cancelled by CBS last year. I've seen True Blood and think it's awful. I was going to watch Vampire Diaries as Paul Wesley is someone I watched on the now defunct Wolf Lake.

I actually cannot believe CBS cancelled Moonlight. The time for vampires seems to be now--so what a bonehead move Nina Tassler!

I'll catch this next week hopefully and see with I think.

I've never seen Twilight, nor do I ever intend to, but I am getting sick of all this vampire romance stuff. That's all there is anymore. You can't walk into a movie store without seeing Twilight posters and cardboard cutouts, and every bookstore I've been in has a wall dedicated to Twilight and various vampire dating books. And I don't think there can be that much variation between vampire dating books. If I'm going to watch vampires, I'm not doing it because I want to see them hook up!

I watched it and I too thought of Twilight. Im curious to see where they go with this show... not sure how long they'll be able to hold up a series... but the guys are not bad on the eyes, so I am gonna watch it - unless it gets really stupid!

Okay I watched in online the other day and thought it was all right. Paul still makes a better werewolf than vampire, but he's very handsome and brooding. I didn't really see any Twilight correlation as the dialogue was actually good and the Twilight movie was awful.
I wont be watching it on TV but will catch it recorded or online as I'm a Bones fan and won't give up Bones for this show.

I love that show. And if anything...Twilight is a rip-off of that AND True Blood. Both the True Blood and Vampire Diaries can out MANY years before Twilight. Vampire Diaries came out in 1991.

Besides that VD is a great show...but it's more of a teenager show. True Blood is amazing, the books are better though...like everything else...

Despite not being a Twilight fan I can honestly say no way is Twilight a rip off of True Blood. While Charlaine Harris came out with Sookie Stackhouse in 2001 her books are not for teens or light readers. And even though I think MS Harris has quite the following with her Sookie Stackhouse books, the vampire craze was really started IMO by JR Ward and her Black Dagger Brotherhood series.

But to thank for ALL of these we have only one person to think--Mr Bram Stoker and the original Dracula of course.

I have caught a couple episodes of Vampire Diaries--I did enjoy it but they kept switching what night it was one and I haven't been up on it in a while. I think perhaps I'll rent the entire season when it comes out and watch from start to finish. I still think Paul Wesley made a better werewolf then a vampire though! Wolf Lake was great!

I read the Vampire Diaries about 10 years ago. It's not a rip off of Twilight. Twilight is a rip off of VD. I have no interest in seeing the show since the books were and are some of my favorites. Damon is always my favorite bad boy and it pisses me off that the girl in the show has brown hair. She was blond in the book. I hate when they change the characters' appearance!

I read the Vampire Diaries about 10 years ago. It's not a rip off of Twilight. Twilight is a rip off of VD. I have no interest in seeing the show since the books were and are some of my favorites. Damon is always my favorite bad boy and it pisses me off that the girl in the show has brown hair. She was blond in the book. I hate when they change the characters' appearance!

I've read books and watched the show. Not only does the girl having brown hair drive me nuts but she has a brother on the show. :hair:

Sorry Laur, vampire craze for me started with Interview with a Vampire.

Love Vampire Diaries. Damon gets me everytime - he is soooo fricken sexy!!! And that smirk of his - my Lord........ I'm captivated!

Back