ummm... is he fat?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evelyn

He should be a year old now. I have his pictures when I first got him in my album. He was three months old back then. Is this normal? He is like a Michelin man now. I love him no matter what just wanna make sure it won't cause him any health problem. I never weight him though. I heard that weight cannot really tell anything since there is no "normal" weight. But just from the looks, what do you guys think? I will weight him if that would help.

Attachments

• 156035_475428979197_851779197_5534585_6465980_n.jpg
    156035_475428979197_851779197_5534585_6465980_n.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 281
No, just looks like a healthy, large chin to me. I love it when they have rolls. My MuShu looks much like that.

The only way for your chin to get fat would be if you were giving too many treats or giving things like nuts or seeds.

What does he weigh? That doesn't mean anything, I'm just curious.

I think it is a good idea to keep a journal w/ regular intervals of weight records. Weight loss is often a first indication that something isn't right with a chin.

Not going to lie, before I even clicked on the thumbnail I laughed because he's so chuncky adorable! :D I think Rex is on his way to looking like that. I think rolls make them look cuter.

Hes not fat, hes a 3B, big beautiful boy! honestly I think hes perfect, I just want to hug him and kiss him and call him my squishy. And he shall be my squishy!
*cough*

dont judge me

What does he weigh? That doesn't mean anything, I'm just curious.

I think it is a good idea to keep a journal w/ regular intervals of weight records. Weight loss is often a first indication that something isn't right with a chin.

Yea that's a good idea I will start keeping record of his weight. I wish I have done that since I got him so I know how much he has gained lol he hasn't been given too much treats. He LOVES cranberries and get a little piece of it every other day. He gets some wet cob every other days too. But I must say he's on his pellets bowl almost all the time he's awake! Hay also ran out fast too. But I guess he can have as much of pellets and hays as he wants too right?

Thanks for all the comment :) he's is very cute and his personality make him even more adorable.

I absolutely love the look on his face and him holding his little paws together. He looks like he is begging for more food...can't you please just spare a little food??? Sooo cute!

He looks like when you dress little kids up for the snow with so many clothes they can't walk! He's adorable!!!

Aw, that's so adorable. I have no idea about what weights should be, but that's just too cute. *squish*

Evelyn some chins are huge and some are not--there are some show chins I've seen that barely fit in their show cage! If you'd like you can weigh him and then let us know, but honestly he looks just fine and SUPER adorable!!!

Latest posts

Back