The Weather!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mishellyshel

Chin Slave
I'm in Jersey and the weather here is just horrible. It is so hot & humid out, you can actually see it! My office is freezing, so I have a jacket on. Some of the windows in my house are moist because it is so cold inside & so hot outside.
Ok off my soapbox & back out of the soupy weather!

In NW Washington, it is in the 90's and lower 100's, which isn't very typical for our region. We usually have a hot spell in August, but our hot spells do not endure for very long. This hot spell has been here for over a month and will continue for at least another week. This area is known for all of our rainfall, but we have had a really dry spring and really no rain to speak of this summer. Just got my a/c installed today and I'm really enjoying the relief!

Yeah, we are having a heatwave here in N. Idaho, same one as Jenn's. The window AC isn't big enough for the house. It cools the chins first then my bed, Ug I hate the heat! Oh and the AC went out on the car Friday and I can't afford to fix it right now.

Huh. You guys must have all the hot weather. In my region we have had the coolest July since 1980-something. Even if it's been a little warm out on some days, it has remained nice and cool in the house.

We went from the coldest July in a long time to instant heat and humidity this week!
I only have a/c in the bedroom (where the chins are) and it is about a 12-15 degree difference every time I walk out of there, gross. The humidity outside is averaging around 75% according to my outdoor sensor.

Out here, the weather is great. We've been in the eighties pretty much every day this week. Occasionally a light breeze breaks the sun-filled monotony.

Usually I would say keep the hot temperatures, but were getting rain and then the sun. So its humid here.

I was in 100+ temperatures when I was in Alabama a few summers ago. that's one thing I don't want to deal with.

You could imagine having a landscaping job in that weather.

Its been so hot here too! Thank goodness my apartment and my work have a/c! I do not do well in heat and humidity...makes me really cranky. lol

I'm in Phoenix and it's been around 115. Instead of it feeling like opening up a dishwasher though, it's more like opening up an oven :) It's so cold in my house though that I have to take some trips outside to thaw.

You keep your house very cool! :) It really must be a shock to your system to go from that to the molten lava heat outside there.

I heard that Phoenix was super hot the last couple of days. We didn't quite make it to 100° up here, but I think it probably got pretty close. It's 11 pm and 85 degrees outside HERE. I can't wait for this heat wave to just be over. I have a trip to Phoenix on Saturday and I don't want to have to transport chins in 110°+ heat.

Here in vancouver its been so hot! Over 30 degrees C! (hey gotta practice my canadian terms! ;) Our house keeps in the hot air, and there is virtually no air flow. Horrible. SO horrible, so today i finally convinced the husband to meet me at the mall for a few hours a relief.

Also, there's no way we can afford and AC unit because all the cheap ones are sold out. >.<

It's been in the upper 80s here lately, which wouldn't be bad, if it weren't for the humidity! It is so thick, if you walk outside you are instantly covered in sweat. I am trying to avoid going outside as best I can. I would die without AC!

It is even worse today in Jersey. I really feel bad for people who do not have air, especially those with asthma or other breathing related illnesses. It honestly is so humid out that it is making me a little nauseous!

Latest posts

Back