The Ferret Nation Club

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a picture of my critter nation cage for my 3 boys. What do you think?

Attachments

• DSCN1387.jpg
    DSCN1387.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 266
My current FN set up, I want to eventually get all wood shelves and get rid of the big shelves that came with the cage. However the cage is set up my boys Chunk and Pericles will love it!

image.jpg

(Sorry about the picture being small and sideways, I can't change it on my iPad.)

Can someone tell me what the dimensions are for the 2 tray's and the shelves are? I think I want to try and make some liners :)

Our Ferret Nation 182

Here she is! Finished!

Whole cage:
img_1653.jpg

An overview of the top of the cage, not the Star Trek Liners, hanging house, and hammock by Camphor Chins and the pillows from NWI Chins:
img_1647.jpg

Left side view with pyrex currently without litter (for peeing) and Enterprise with bedding!
img_1648.jpg

Right side view of the top with hammock, hanging house, enterprise, etc.
img_1649.jpg

Our Ferret Nation 182

Overview of the bottom of the cage with a tube by Camphor Chins and hay basket by Fiesty Chinchillas:
img_1650.jpg

Left side view of the bottom including home-made wood chews, hidey house, and a tunnel!
img_1651.jpg

Right side view of the bottom. Hay basket, water bottle, ramp.
img_1652.jpg

We ordered 2 different Star Trek Fleece Liners, here's the second set's look:
img_1654.jpg

My new updated cage!!

2cnf5z4.jpg
[/IMG]

Manzanita ledges and fleece hammock/trampoline! :))

What do you all think?!! I'm so excited!

I absolutely LOVE the Manzanita ledges!! They look incredible! Also, our chins have the same water bottle :)
Do they chew the plastic FN ledge?

I covered the majority of that plastic shelf with tile and as for the edges they've nibble it a little out of curiosity when i first put it in but that was it. I just got lucky and plastic doesn't really tickle their fancy. I think they're more interested in the ledges and I have plenty of other things that keep them occupied. Manzanita is a very hard wood so its great for their teeth but it lasts for a while and always looks great even after they chew them up! :) Hope that helps!:bump1:

Looking at all these fancy cages is like watching an HGTV show or something!

I'm really hoping to join the Ferret Nation club soon...I found a decently priced one on craigslist on a listing that's been up for a week and waiting to hear back is driving me nuts! (My fault for emailing the owner at 4 AM, I guess.)

I've already got all the wood I need; I have a usable, spacious cage that would work as a back up, but it's essentially just a 30"x18"x36" wire box and I'd have to put in a lot of large platforms to keep Bovril from taking a tumble from the very top to 36" down on the ground.

But if I get the cage there will be modifications! and pictures!

My Jungle Ferret Nation!

My breeder really wanted me to post pictures of my soon-to-be chinnys cage. I'm really glad she thinks they are going to a good home. :)

I plan on adding the third level soon as there was a sale on-line not too long ago. :)

Attachments

• chinchillacage1.jpg
    chinchillacage1.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 191
  • chinchillacage2.jpg
    chinchillacage2.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 146
  • chinchillacage3.jpg
    chinchillacage3.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 123
  • chinchillacage4.jpg
    chinchillacage4.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 115
My breeder really wanted me to post pictures of my soon-to-be chinnys cage. I'm really glad she thinks they are going to a good home. :)

I plan on adding the third level soon as there was a sale on-line not too long ago. :)

Absolutely amazing colour scheme! It's like stone age meets jungle fever XD

Back