The Ferret Nation Club

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine all set up last night...now I just need to save some money so I can order some toys

IMG_20121002_202055_zps997de257.jpg

Here is my Halloween set up. Luna seems to be liking it!

Attachments

• IMG_0176.jpg
    IMG_0176.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_0177.jpg
    IMG_0177.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 152
I love the halloween theme! I am looking to go get some halloween fleece tomorrow!

224506_3476659009405_800179526_n_zpsaf5b75da.jpg

I moved my chinchilla into his FN cage a little over a month ago now and was just waiting to get some new stuff in to take some good pictures of the current set up!

I still have a lot to do/buy before I'm totally happy with it. As of right now my plans for the cage are to remove the FN shelves and replace them with lots of different shaped wooden ledges (my next project!), probably get a few more perches and order a hay box, Chin Spin or Flying Saucer and also order a metal litter pan.

(Sorry for the mess, I couldn't wait to post pictures and took these first thing this morning! :D)

Shadow's almost finished cage! Thank you Christine, for the awesome house and bed!!!
2urrri8.jpg

wk652d.jpg

Bottom
esmef6.jpg

His feeding area
His cage is a jungle/Batman/Spiderman theme. :)

I just finished tidying up the cage so I figured it was as good a time as any to snap some pics. The small cage to the right of the FN is their dust bath/emergency travel cage, it has a dust hut hooked on the bars inside it.

Attachments

• ChillyCageFront.jpg
    ChillyCageFront.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 206
  • ChillyCageTopClosed.jpg
    ChillyCageTopClosed.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 140
  • ChillyCageTopOpen.jpg
    ChillyCageTopOpen.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 129
  • ChillyCageBottomClosed.jpg
    ChillyCageBottomClosed.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 121
  • ChillyCageBottomOpen.jpg
    ChillyCageBottomOpen.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 111
I have a question about the cages? I see alot of fleece in the cages and no shavings or bedding. do the chins not eat the fleece and what about urine i dont see anything that would soak it up for easy cleaning.

Some people use litter pans with shavings to potty train their chins. I just use the fleece liners. Yes, they pee on them, but if you have at least 2 sets and change them out once a week, it isn't a problem. The pee absorbs into the liners. Most chins don't chew the fleece. The liners make cage cleaning really easy. I just vacuum the poo and hay daily to keep them neat. I wash my liners in detergent and white vinegar every 5 or 6 days.

Just redid the cage last night. I took out all the old chewed up shelves and the things the girls refused to use and put in all new pink shelves :) I also opened up the center divider and gave them all new toys. Spoiled brats!

8184153966_9d502189d1_z.jpg

8184154412_41a466f1b4_z.jpg

8184153370_5e669b8fcd_z.jpg

Quick question everyone!

We're thinking about picking up a ferret nation (the 2 story one).. Does it come with a metal pan? I assume since most of these don't have it, the 2nd pan with the tiny hole in it is removable? If it doesn't come with a metal pan, where can I buy one?

Does anyone make fleece already measured to fit the bottom of these?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Here is Kindle's FN 182. Sort of bare, but supplies are ordered. She has a bridge, a hayrack, a daybed and another fleece tunnel coming soon!!

20121125_182556.jpg

I am using fleece right now, because my Bass pans have not come yet. Please disregard the mis-matched color scheme! She DOES love the fleece under her hidey hut though, so I may have to reconsider bedding.

Anyway - she is one happy girll!! Her favorite shelf is the one between the 2 levels you can see part of her head in the picture :)

Please note: Her cage is NOT on a heat register, this is an air intake register so nothing is directly blown into her cage.

Last edited:
All four of my ferret nations..
Each one has a theme to match the chin/s inside
lmm.jpg

packer.jpg

rafiki.jpg

mistyandmozart.jpg

Latest posts

Back