The Ferret Nation Club

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Jailbreakroxxx,
I have that exact same cage, it is from Prevue. I have had it for a few years, what I did to give you some ideas is I took out the middle wire section, and all the ramps and plastic platforms. I made some wooden platforms and I actually fit about 6 different ones, with no ramps. Added some smaller lave and wooden ledges as well. I left the wire bottom because I still use wood shavings on the bottom pan. Most of the bottom is covered with chill pads and other little things they can jump on. The only reason I left the bottom is because they are accustomed to going down there on one of the corners to pee. Hope this helped!

Finally!! We have joined the Ferret Nation club!!
IMG_1263-1.jpg

IMG_1264-1.jpg

IMG_1265-1.jpg

Bottom

Fleece Cage Liners?

Hi Everyone! I currently use Carefresh to line my chin's cages but i'm finding I buy it too frequently and it's making my wallet unhappy.

What can I put underneath the fleece to prevent their feet from getting stuck in the grates?

Thanks!:hmm:

Hi Everyone! I currently use Carefresh to line my chin's cages but i'm finding I buy it too frequently and it's making my wallet unhappy.

What can I put underneath the fleece to prevent their feet from getting stuck in the grates?

Thanks!:hmm:

depends on the type of cage you have, but sounds like you could use slate/tile which you can find in a variety of sizes at your local home hardware store (ie. homedepot/lowes). They also make great chinchilla "coolers"...for them to lay on that is when it's warm.

OK, set up the newest FN 142 for my babies that are coming in a few weeks, took the second level off the ratties FN142 because the glider was in it and I moved him (he was peeing all over the bars) and of course Charlie and Inca have their own FN142 (did I mention that I love the Ferret Nations). This is now my dining room!

Attachments

• cages 014.jpg
    cages 014.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 214
  • cages 020.jpg
    cages 020.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 176
  • cages 018.jpg
    cages 018.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 155
  • cages 019.jpg
    cages 019.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
Peace!!!

Finally got in all of my new fleece set and just put it all in this week. Looks great thanks to Annie-O, and the awesome toys from Twilight. Chilly, Big Bertha, Sarah, and Emily thank you!

Now what to do next???

IMG_0563.jpg

IMG_0564.jpg

IMG_0565.jpg

IMG_0566.jpg

IMG_0567.jpg

love the look Duhh001! One thing Ill mention just in case tho, that 'edible hut' on the tray of the second floor could be problematic. (assuming thats what I'm thinking it is). I no it gave my chin some digestive problems from chewing on it. Luckily they went away when i took it out tho. - Figured id warn ya just in case. Love the design to lol

love the look Duhh001! One thing Ill mention just in case tho, that 'edible hut' on the tray of the second floor could be problematic. (assuming thats what I'm thinking it is). I no it gave my chin some digestive problems from chewing on it. Luckily they went away when i took it out tho. - Figured id warn ya just in case. Love the design to lol

So far no problems. I give them multiple types of hay and high quality Oxbow pellets. That's months of chewing from 4 Chins. I also make sure they have plenty of other chew toys, kept Twilight busy for awhile making them.

The next thing I need is to find a bigger litter box, than just large ceramic dog bowls.

it really is best that you take the edible hut out, they are not good for chins because they are high in sugar i believe. Alot of people on the forum recomend that they are not used with chinchillas at all, no matter how slow they chew on them.

So far no problems. I give them multiple types of hay and high quality Oxbow pellets. That's months of chewing from 4 Chins. I also make sure they have plenty of other chew toys, kept Twilight busy for awhile making them.

The next thing I need is to find a bigger litter box, than just large ceramic dog bowls.

Back